Soon, when you do a search on your iPhone for someone's contact info, a recent tweet from them might also pop up.
Twitter failed to meet revenue estimates for the first quarter, and is lowering its expectations for the rest of the year, due to weaker than expected performance of some of its ads products, the company said Tuesday.
Google's sales rose 12 per cent during the first quarter, the slowest rate of revenue growth since 2013, while the amount it charges for ad clicks continued to drop.
Besides connecting with friends, Facebook is fast becoming the place to watch videos. Billions of videos.
Facebook continued growing its business with ads placed on small screens last quarter, when it generated 73 percent of its sales from mobile ads.
Facebook wants to mesh its massive social network with phone communications so that it can provide its members with useful information about people at the other end of the line.
Mobile is a crucial element in CEO Marissa Mayer's turnaround plan for Yahoo, but the company is still heavily dependant on PCs for its money.
Paul Ceglia, who for years has claimed to own 50 percent of Facebook, was denied a bid to revive his case against the company in a U.S. appeals court on Monday.
Live video is messy. It's raw, unedited, and with new mobile apps, it's now capable of capturing many more people who aren't aware they're being recorded. And in some cases, that can add up to legal problems,
As part of Twitter's larger push to give more people a reason to use its service, it is changing its direct messaging function to let users receive missives from people they don't follow.
Facebook has tripled its detection and elimination of "fake" likes, which can artificially inflate a brand's prominence on the site and deceive users, the company said on Friday.
Increasingly, computers are deciding what news stories we read, and may even end up teaching our children to speak. But whether we should allow them to is becoming the subject of a heated debate related to the use of algorithms.
Instagram is clarifying its rules around sexual, illegal and other inappropriate content, including posts involving revenge porn.
Twitter, in an effort to attract new users, is turning its home page into a portal for news and content around dozens of topics.
The findings of a new survey debunks theories that Facebook is losing its "cool factor" among teenagers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW