The bricks keep falling into place for Vine, Twitter's hot six-second microvideo app. Mere days after Vine for Android added selfie-inducing front camera support, version 1.2 of the app is now available in the Amazon App Store.
Vine for Android is catching up to its iOS counterpart with the addition of front-camera support. Whether the power of selfies will compel users who have decamped to Instagram to go back over to Vine remains to be seen.
Facebook Home's ratings may be lukewarm, but the social network interface is spreading to more smartphones. Home for Android is now available on the flagship HTC One and unofficially it works with Samsung's Galaxy S4.
Facebook is working on a messaging app that will allow users to send each other "self-destructing" messages and photos, according to reports. The app could expand Facebook's growing portfolio of mobile apps within weeks.
Four months after Facebook released a native app for iOS, a corresponding Android version is available. The app, written with native code (instead of HTML 5) that the company says is twice as fast as the previous app, has no significant new features ...
Facebook has broadly launched a feature it began testing earlier this year that automatically syncs photos you take on your mobile phone to a private album on the social network where you can later choose to share them if you want.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC