When voters go to the polls in next year's presidential election, could a candidate's stance on the sharing economy factor into their decision?
Ellen Pao is resigning as Reddit's interim chief executive after a week of tumult on the online message board with many users calling for her ouster.
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
You probably either love Twitter for its quirkiness and brevity or see it as a pointless waste of time. After nearly a decade on the social scene, Twitter still needs to improve its user experience and fill in notable gaps in the service. These seven...
Facebook is preparing a new way to show videos on the social network and opening the door to a new source of advertising revenue at the same time.
Facebook uses an algorithm for its News Feed, but CEO Mark Zuckerberg is after something much bigger: One that governs all human relationships.
Sharing links with friends in Facebook's mobile app is a pain that requires -- gasp -- leaving Facebook and copying and pasting URLs. Now there's a feature that simplifies the process.
Twitter is planning some big changes to the way people follow events using its service, with a major new feature that will group together tweets, photos and videos related to whatever's happening in the moment.
Sometimes the best tool for the job is the oldest one in the toolshed.
Facebook has taken a step away from its main site to develop what it thinks is a better way to share photos privately.
If you pore over news articles in your Facebook News Feed, expect to see more of them going forward.
When you're not liking your friends' photos on Facebook, you're likely to soon have more opportunities to buy stuff.
Twitter, to reduce abusive content on its site, is letting users share lists of the people they block, so they can more easily silence those account holders on their own profiles.
Instagram is changing the look of its photo-sharing site on the desktop, streamlining the display of people's photos while also enlarging them.
Facebook has released a stripped down version of its Android app aimed at growing its service in developing countries and other areas with poor connectivity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW