Instagram is changing the look of its photo-sharing site on the desktop, streamlining the display of people's photos while also enlarging them.
Facebook has released a stripped down version of its Android app aimed at growing its service in developing countries and other areas with poor connectivity.
A Pennsylvania man who posted violent rap lyrics and other comments on Facebook about his estranged wife, an FBI agent and nearby elementary schools is not guilty of making criminal threats, the U.S. Supreme Court has decided.
From Android M to Google Photos to the updates to Google Play, here are the most important announcements at Google I/O 2015.
Check out what actually happened at Google’s big annual shindig in San Francisco.
A look ahead to this week's Big Google Thing in San Francisco on May 28 and 29.
Performing a search on Google now also displays relevant tweets from Twitter. The integration will widely distribute Twitter content beyond its own site and is also aimed at adding a new real-time element to Google search results.
Facebook is said to be eyeing games for its mobile Messenger product, a move that might jump-start the revenue the company generates from non-advertising sources.
Upon learning of Reddit's plan to change its rules to prohibit harassment and make the site friendlier, some users reacted with resentment and confusion.
Facebook's Internet.org project provides access to online services in developing countries, but it's also sparked questions about its compatibility with net neutrality, Facebook's underlying business motives and how the company collects user data. On...
Facebook aims to speed up the delivery of news on the company’s mobile apps with Instant Articles. The New York Times, National Geographic and others will use it to publish interactive articles directly on Facebook’s iPhone app.
Some Flickr users are reporting problems with the photo sharing site that may be related to what browser they're using -- even if the browser's up to date.
On Facebook, you might see a fair number of news articles shared by friends supporting Republican presidential candidates as the race heats up. Even if you're a Democrat.
When it comes to storage, Facebook is learning to do more with less.
In perhaps the first sign that live streaming might spawn its own assortment of sub-players, a visual data analysis startup is putting its chops to work to categorize and rank videos on Periscope, the app owned by Twitter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTPega DeveloperVIC