Facebook is phasing out its Credits virtual payment system and will be transitioning all games integrated into the social network to a new local payments API by Sept. 12, the company announced Wednesday.
Twitter was back in working order on Monday afternoon after experiencing multiple technical issues earlier in the day that caused some users' tweet streams to not update, among other problems.
Google Glass can, in theory, be used for lots of things, but sexually explicit material is one area now off limits to developers.
Add LinkedIn to the list of Internet companies trying to make themselves safer from cyberattacks by adding two-step authentication.
The U.S. government has lifted sanctions on the export of a variety of consumer communications devices, software and services including mobile phones to Iran ahead of elections in that country.
Tumblr is now putting ads in users' feeds on the desktop, in what could be the first move toward making sure the social blogging site is a profitable business for Yahoo.
Zoho is getting into the business social-networking game with a new product called Pulse, which also ties back to many of its other applications.
Nissan and some other big brands have suspended advertising campaigns on Facebook after ads were apparently displayed next to offensive content on the site.
Security concerns and productivity loss are the top reasons businesses restrict access to social tools, according to a new study commissioned by Microsoft.
Just like on Twitter, Facebook is now putting a small, blue check mark next to the names of celebrities and other high-profile people and businesses on the site to signify their authenticity.
Facebook is admitting that it can do a better job in removing certain types of hate speech on the site, and is introducing some new policies to improve its track record.
Twitter has reached a settlement with Skootle that prohibits the Tennessee-based company from spamming Twitter users' feeds with marketing and other promotional content.
Users in the U.K. and France will have to wait a bit longer to get their hands on the HTC First. The first smartphone to come preinstalled with Facebook Home has been delayed in those countries while Facebook updates the software to address some nega...
The latest victim of disruption by Internet technologies is a veteran of World War I: the missing persons search.
Followed by millions, they follow no one (or only one) in return
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Arduino targets the Internet of Things with Primo board
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia