Airbnb has developed a new app customized for iOS and Android tablets in an attempt to give those users a better way to browse its million-plus home rental listings than with the devices' web browsers.
Soon, when you do a search on your iPhone for someone's contact info, a recent tweet from them might also pop up.
Everyone knows a lot of people tweet on Twitter each day and even more post to Facebook, but the by-the-minute usage numbers for these eight leading social networks will likely surprise you.
Users can now place free video calls with Messenger, as Facebook continues to extend the app beyond simple text-based chats.
Paul Ceglia, who for years has claimed to own 50 percent of Facebook, was denied a bid to revive his case against the company in a U.S. appeals court on Monday.
Live video is messy. It's raw, unedited, and with new mobile apps, it's now capable of capturing many more people who aren't aware they're being recorded. And in some cases, that can add up to legal problems,
As part of Twitter's larger push to give more people a reason to use its service, it is changing its direct messaging function to let users receive missives from people they don't follow.
Facebook has tripled its detection and elimination of "fake" likes, which can artificially inflate a brand's prominence on the site and deceive users, the company said on Friday.
Increasingly, computers are deciding what news stories we read, and may even end up teaching our children to speak. But whether we should allow them to is becoming the subject of a heated debate related to the use of algorithms.
Instagram is clarifying its rules around sexual, illegal and other inappropriate content, including posts involving revenge porn.
Twitter, in an effort to attract new users, is turning its home page into a portal for news and content around dozens of topics.
The findings of a new survey debunks theories that Facebook is losing its "cool factor" among teenagers.
YouTube is planning a paid service that will let viewers watch select videos without ads, Google confirmed on Wednesday.
Zynga founder Mark Pincus is rejoining the gaming company as CEO effective immediately, replacing Don Mattrick, who led Zynga for less than two years.
Would you pay to watch your favorite band go on a road trip? Or shell out five dollars for a short film series, with a new installment each week?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW