Airbnb has developed a new app customized for iOS and Android tablets in an attempt to give those users a better way to browse its million-plus home rental listings than with the devices' web browsers.
Soon, when you do a search on your iPhone for someone's contact info, a recent tweet from them might also pop up.
Everyone knows a lot of people tweet on Twitter each day and even more post to Facebook, but the by-the-minute usage numbers for these eight leading social networks will likely surprise you.
Users can now place free video calls with Messenger, as Facebook continues to extend the app beyond simple text-based chats.
Paul Ceglia, who for years has claimed to own 50 percent of Facebook, was denied a bid to revive his case against the company in a U.S. appeals court on Monday.
Live video is messy. It's raw, unedited, and with new mobile apps, it's now capable of capturing many more people who aren't aware they're being recorded. And in some cases, that can add up to legal problems,
As part of Twitter's larger push to give more people a reason to use its service, it is changing its direct messaging function to let users receive missives from people they don't follow.
Facebook has tripled its detection and elimination of "fake" likes, which can artificially inflate a brand's prominence on the site and deceive users, the company said on Friday.
Increasingly, computers are deciding what news stories we read, and may even end up teaching our children to speak. But whether we should allow them to is becoming the subject of a heated debate related to the use of algorithms.
Instagram is clarifying its rules around sexual, illegal and other inappropriate content, including posts involving revenge porn.
Twitter, in an effort to attract new users, is turning its home page into a portal for news and content around dozens of topics.
The findings of a new survey debunks theories that Facebook is losing its "cool factor" among teenagers.
YouTube is planning a paid service that will let viewers watch select videos without ads, Google confirmed on Wednesday.
Zynga founder Mark Pincus is rejoining the gaming company as CEO effective immediately, replacing Don Mattrick, who led Zynga for less than two years.
Would you pay to watch your favorite band go on a road trip? Or shell out five dollars for a short film series, with a new installment each week?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia