Everyone knows a lot of people tweet on Twitter each day and even more post to Facebook, but the by-the-minute usage numbers for these eight leading social networks will likely surprise you.
Users can now place free video calls with Messenger, as Facebook continues to extend the app beyond simple text-based chats.
Paul Ceglia, who for years has claimed to own 50 percent of Facebook, was denied a bid to revive his case against the company in a U.S. appeals court on Monday.
Live video is messy. It's raw, unedited, and with new mobile apps, it's now capable of capturing many more people who aren't aware they're being recorded. And in some cases, that can add up to legal problems,
As part of Twitter's larger push to give more people a reason to use its service, it is changing its direct messaging function to let users receive missives from people they don't follow.
Facebook has tripled its detection and elimination of "fake" likes, which can artificially inflate a brand's prominence on the site and deceive users, the company said on Friday.
Increasingly, computers are deciding what news stories we read, and may even end up teaching our children to speak. But whether we should allow them to is becoming the subject of a heated debate related to the use of algorithms.
Instagram is clarifying its rules around sexual, illegal and other inappropriate content, including posts involving revenge porn.
Twitter, in an effort to attract new users, is turning its home page into a portal for news and content around dozens of topics.
The findings of a new survey debunks theories that Facebook is losing its "cool factor" among teenagers.
YouTube is planning a paid service that will let viewers watch select videos without ads, Google confirmed on Wednesday.
Zynga founder Mark Pincus is rejoining the gaming company as CEO effective immediately, replacing Don Mattrick, who led Zynga for less than two years.
Would you pay to watch your favorite band go on a road trip? Or shell out five dollars for a short film series, with a new installment each week?
Facebook has launched a standalone Messenger app for chatting on the Web outside of Facebook.com.
People shouldn't hold back on sending racy photos of themselves online for fear the images might be scooped up by government spies, former NSA contractor Edward Snowden has said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA