Airbnb has developed a new app customized for iOS and Android tablets in an attempt to give those users a better way to browse its million-plus home rental listings than with the devices' web browsers.
Soon, when you do a search on your iPhone for someone's contact info, a recent tweet from them might also pop up.
Everyone knows a lot of people tweet on Twitter each day and even more post to Facebook, but the by-the-minute usage numbers for these eight leading social networks will likely surprise you.
Users can now place free video calls with Messenger, as Facebook continues to extend the app beyond simple text-based chats.
Paul Ceglia, who for years has claimed to own 50 percent of Facebook, was denied a bid to revive his case against the company in a U.S. appeals court on Monday.
Live video is messy. It's raw, unedited, and with new mobile apps, it's now capable of capturing many more people who aren't aware they're being recorded. And in some cases, that can add up to legal problems,
As part of Twitter's larger push to give more people a reason to use its service, it is changing its direct messaging function to let users receive missives from people they don't follow.
Facebook has tripled its detection and elimination of "fake" likes, which can artificially inflate a brand's prominence on the site and deceive users, the company said on Friday.
Increasingly, computers are deciding what news stories we read, and may even end up teaching our children to speak. But whether we should allow them to is becoming the subject of a heated debate related to the use of algorithms.
Instagram is clarifying its rules around sexual, illegal and other inappropriate content, including posts involving revenge porn.
Twitter, in an effort to attract new users, is turning its home page into a portal for news and content around dozens of topics.
The findings of a new survey debunks theories that Facebook is losing its "cool factor" among teenagers.
YouTube is planning a paid service that will let viewers watch select videos without ads, Google confirmed on Wednesday.
Zynga founder Mark Pincus is rejoining the gaming company as CEO effective immediately, replacing Don Mattrick, who led Zynga for less than two years.
Would you pay to watch your favorite band go on a road trip? Or shell out five dollars for a short film series, with a new installment each week?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW