Lyft and Sidecar may be the kings of ridesharing right now, but Uber is coming up in the rearview mirror.
Tweets may soon have beats. Twitter appears to be readying its own music application designed to let users discover new artists and songs based on trending activity on the site.
Twitter, in an effort to make its site more useful to an ever-increasing number of people, is rolling out its Trends topic discovery feature in 160 new locations.
LinkedIn, the world's largest professional networking site, continues to beef up its content publishing platform with its agreement to acquire Pulse, which makes a mobile news aggregation, reader and content distribution application.
An IDC study has found sweeping changes in how mobile display advertisements are sold, with Facebook, Pandora and Twitter successfully wresting away control from advertising networks over the last year.
Last week, Facebook released new software for Android phones called "Home." The software is a set of apps that you can download to put Facebook photos and messaging front and center on your mobile device.
Facebook has posted a Q&A on its website about the privacy implications of its new Facebook Home software for Android phones, though it was unclear if it has addressed all the concerns raised.
Facebook has released new software for Android phones that gives quick access to Facebook services and aims to further boost use of the social network on mobile devices.
Facebook's Home mobile software for Android-equipped smartphones might only appeal to the most active Facebook users at first, but the company's plan to integrate third-party social services into it could broaden its appeal.
It's not quite the long-rumored Facebook Phone, but HTC's new First phone isn't far off.
Twitter's in-the-moment stream of quick comments and links might seem tailor-made for those with short attention spans, but the company is rolling out changes that will make tweets more interactive, including the ability to access mobile apps from in...
Salesforce.com continues to build out its Chatter social networking and collaboration software, with upcoming "social intelligence" capabilities that will allow users to find information through new Topics and Expertise categories.
A new report shows just how much smartphone users love Facebook, checking it as much as 14 times a day. In advance of Thursday's Facebook phone announcement, this could be good news for the social network.
Line, the messaging platform widely used in Japan, is breaking out of Asia and now has 10 million users in Spain, the company said Wednesday.
A Facebook tool that allowed users to view and delete their search history on the site has vanished, and some people are keen to get it back.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160915/SSA/893Asia
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC