Lyft and Sidecar may be the kings of ridesharing right now, but Uber is coming up in the rearview mirror.
Tweets may soon have beats. Twitter appears to be readying its own music application designed to let users discover new artists and songs based on trending activity on the site.
Twitter, in an effort to make its site more useful to an ever-increasing number of people, is rolling out its Trends topic discovery feature in 160 new locations.
LinkedIn, the world's largest professional networking site, continues to beef up its content publishing platform with its agreement to acquire Pulse, which makes a mobile news aggregation, reader and content distribution application.
An IDC study has found sweeping changes in how mobile display advertisements are sold, with Facebook, Pandora and Twitter successfully wresting away control from advertising networks over the last year.
Last week, Facebook released new software for Android phones called "Home." The software is a set of apps that you can download to put Facebook photos and messaging front and center on your mobile device.
Facebook has posted a Q&A on its website about the privacy implications of its new Facebook Home software for Android phones, though it was unclear if it has addressed all the concerns raised.
Facebook has released new software for Android phones that gives quick access to Facebook services and aims to further boost use of the social network on mobile devices.
Facebook's Home mobile software for Android-equipped smartphones might only appeal to the most active Facebook users at first, but the company's plan to integrate third-party social services into it could broaden its appeal.
It's not quite the long-rumored Facebook Phone, but HTC's new First phone isn't far off.
Twitter's in-the-moment stream of quick comments and links might seem tailor-made for those with short attention spans, but the company is rolling out changes that will make tweets more interactive, including the ability to access mobile apps from in...
Salesforce.com continues to build out its Chatter social networking and collaboration software, with upcoming "social intelligence" capabilities that will allow users to find information through new Topics and Expertise categories.
A new report shows just how much smartphone users love Facebook, checking it as much as 14 times a day. In advance of Thursday's Facebook phone announcement, this could be good news for the social network.
Line, the messaging platform widely used in Japan, is breaking out of Asia and now has 10 million users in Spain, the company said Wednesday.
A Facebook tool that allowed users to view and delete their search history on the site has vanished, and some people are keen to get it back.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.VIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW