Facebook has launched a standalone Messenger app for chatting on the Web outside of Facebook.com.
People shouldn't hold back on sending racy photos of themselves online for fear the images might be scooped up by government spies, former NSA contractor Edward Snowden has said.
A Turkish court blocked access to numerous sites including Twitter and YouTube on Monday, over their hosting of images of an Istanbul prosecutor held at gunpoint by militants last week.
The most interesting people that Uber is now hiring aren't drivers: they're engineers whose innovations may ultimately put those drivers out of work.
In a move that could yield even more automated suggestions and tips for LinkedIn users, the professional network has acquired California startup Refresh, the maker of an app that gathers news and insights about participants in meetings.
Snapchat's service featuring disappearing messages is known for its popularity among teens. Now it's becoming popular with law enforcement.
Facebook has released a new app for making videos that it thinks can win over the competition by allowing collaboration among friends.
In 10 years, there may be no need to check Facebook's site to see what that friend overseas is up to. You might just pick up a pair of goggles, reach out and hold her hand at her birthday party.
Facebook's Like button is a pervasive feature of the Web, a way to gauge the popularity of a website or piece of content. But researchers have found it's easy to inflate the numbers, undermining its value as an accurate measure of popularity.
Haven’t seen many posts from some friends lately on Facebook? Perhaps you need to reach out directly to them.
Facebook is extending its Parse developer tools to the Internet of Things, providing software and services for bringing connectivity to home appliances, fitness trackers and other objects.
Facebook is extending Parse, its suite of back-end software development tools, to create Internet of Things apps for items like smart home appliances and activity trackers.
Facebook is throwing open its Messenger app to third-party developers, letting them add new functions that will make it much more than a tool for communicating with friends.
Facebook's Messenger app has traditionally been used for keeping in touch with friends. Now people can also use it to send each other money. In the future, it could become a platform which other apps could use, if recent rumors prove true.
Twitter has added a tool to help users report abusive content to law enforcement, which could aid in removing the most threatening posts as Twitter ramps up its efforts to combat harassment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT