A Turkish court blocked access to numerous sites including Twitter and YouTube on Monday, over their hosting of images of an Istanbul prosecutor held at gunpoint by militants last week.
The most interesting people that Uber is now hiring aren't drivers: they're engineers whose innovations may ultimately put those drivers out of work.
In a move that could yield even more automated suggestions and tips for LinkedIn users, the professional network has acquired California startup Refresh, the maker of an app that gathers news and insights about participants in meetings.
Snapchat's service featuring disappearing messages is known for its popularity among teens. Now it's becoming popular with law enforcement.
Facebook has released a new app for making videos that it thinks can win over the competition by allowing collaboration among friends.
In 10 years, there may be no need to check Facebook's site to see what that friend overseas is up to. You might just pick up a pair of goggles, reach out and hold her hand at her birthday party.
Facebook's Like button is a pervasive feature of the Web, a way to gauge the popularity of a website or piece of content. But researchers have found it's easy to inflate the numbers, undermining its value as an accurate measure of popularity.
Haven’t seen many posts from some friends lately on Facebook? Perhaps you need to reach out directly to them.
Facebook is extending its Parse developer tools to the Internet of Things, providing software and services for bringing connectivity to home appliances, fitness trackers and other objects.
Facebook is extending Parse, its suite of back-end software development tools, to create Internet of Things apps for items like smart home appliances and activity trackers.
Facebook is throwing open its Messenger app to third-party developers, letting them add new functions that will make it much more than a tool for communicating with friends.
Facebook's Messenger app has traditionally been used for keeping in touch with friends. Now people can also use it to send each other money. In the future, it could become a platform which other apps could use, if recent rumors prove true.
Twitter has added a tool to help users report abusive content to law enforcement, which could aid in removing the most threatening posts as Twitter ramps up its efforts to combat harassment.
Facebook has acquired The Find, a nine-year-old company with a search engine that indexes products across thousands of e-commerce sites.
Twitter has amended its policies to ban the posting of intimate photos and videos taken without the person's permission.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC