Twitter is slowly turning on automatic encryption on its website, a move following other major providers of web-based services to thwart account hijacking over wireless networks.
A top Chinese communist party official has urged the country's Internet companies to firmly put an end to the spread of fake and harmful information, a statement that appears to be a warning to one of China's most popular Twitter-like websites.
Google is keenly aware that many people are eager to set up profiles in Google+, the company's new social network, but the site will remain in a limited trial while the company works feverishly toward a broader rollout that can accommodate a larger n...
Facebook is making a series of design changes to the site to make it clearer to users who can see the content that they post, an issue Google has been criticizing Facebook about since it launched its own social network, Google+, in June.
A German privacy protection authority is calling on organizations there to close their Facebook fan pages and remove the social networking site's "Like" button from their websites, arguing that Facebook harvests data in violation of German and Europe...
LinkedIn might have broken European law by changing privacy settings for its members without proper disclosure, legal experts assert.
Google is adding badges that certify the identity of users of its Google+ social networking site, starting with public figures and with people who have been added by many as contacts.
Facebook has published a free, 20-page guide aimed at teens, their parents and teachers that explains best practices for protecting their safety and privacy on the site.
Facebook has revamped the interface of the console that its external developers use to manage their applications for the social networking site.
In a strong message to those who incite violence on social networks, a British court sentenced two men to four years in prison for using Facebook to try to organize a riot. It's the sternest punishment yet for abuse of social networks during the U.K....
Twitter has added a native function to its API for attaching images to posts, designed to make it easier for third-party developers to include photos with their applications' messages, or "tweets."
When Greg Martin [cq] returned home last Wednesday morning after a night of intense rioting in London, his West End apartment had been ransacked.
Scrambling to deter future violent rioting, the U.K. government is considering shutting down social networks such as Twitter and Facebook during civil disturbances, but the heavy-handed proposal is already drawing criticism.
LinkedIn will make changes to a "social advertising" feature that sparked criticism for using members' names and photographs in advertisements on its website.
China's largest search engine Baidu has pulled back from the country's Twitter-like services market after the company said it would shutdown its own microblogging website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW