The corporate world's response to the phenomenal growth of social media has ranged from enthusiastic embrace to abject horror.
U.S. social game developer Zynga has partnered with one of China's largest Internet companies, Tencent, to bring its popular CityVille game to the country.
Researchers over the weekend uncovered a Facebook app for Apple's iPad, and showed how "jailbroken" tablets could run the still-unreleased software.
An issue that had simmered for several weeks boiled over this weekend, as Google apparently accelerated deletions of Google+ accounts over the site's requirement that members use their real names.
Demand for Google+ business profiles has reached white-hot intensity, prompting Google+ leader Vic Gundotra to acknowledge the company has been caught off guard, but pledging a fix is being fast-tracked.
After announcing smartphones with a dedicated Facebook button, HTC is trying the same formula in China. This time it will have a button connecting to one of the country's largest Twitter-like services in the country.
Google has acquired startup company Fridge to enhance Google+'s capabilities for group sharing.
Almost a month after Google announced its new social network, the Google+ iPhone app is finally available in the iTunes App Store.
The new Google+ social networking site, out in limited beta release since late June, is growing its usage very quickly, but it remains far from a leadership position, according to Hitwise.
During a Silicon Valley panel discussion Monday evening, LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner emphasized how the online venture he runs enables members to create their own professional brand.
When Google+ launched late last month, Google released an Android app for the service and promised that an iOS app would join it soon; on Tuesday, Google delivered with an official native client for Apple's mobile platform.
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
Google+ may be getting some attention it doesn't want -- from Anonymous, which says it will target the new social networking site that launched last month.
In just two weeks, Google's new social network, Google+, has amassed millions of early adopters. Whether you joined the site when it first launched or just received an invitation, there's a lot to learn, from setting up your account to adjusting your...
It became standard procedure in recent years for Internet companies to launch early test versions of their newest services with hooks for external developers, but Google is bucking that trend with its Google+ social network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW