The corporate world's response to the phenomenal growth of social media has ranged from enthusiastic embrace to abject horror.
U.S. social game developer Zynga has partnered with one of China's largest Internet companies, Tencent, to bring its popular CityVille game to the country.
Researchers over the weekend uncovered a Facebook app for Apple's iPad, and showed how "jailbroken" tablets could run the still-unreleased software.
An issue that had simmered for several weeks boiled over this weekend, as Google apparently accelerated deletions of Google+ accounts over the site's requirement that members use their real names.
Demand for Google+ business profiles has reached white-hot intensity, prompting Google+ leader Vic Gundotra to acknowledge the company has been caught off guard, but pledging a fix is being fast-tracked.
After announcing smartphones with a dedicated Facebook button, HTC is trying the same formula in China. This time it will have a button connecting to one of the country's largest Twitter-like services in the country.
Google has acquired startup company Fridge to enhance Google+'s capabilities for group sharing.
Almost a month after Google announced its new social network, the Google+ iPhone app is finally available in the iTunes App Store.
The new Google+ social networking site, out in limited beta release since late June, is growing its usage very quickly, but it remains far from a leadership position, according to Hitwise.
During a Silicon Valley panel discussion Monday evening, LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner emphasized how the online venture he runs enables members to create their own professional brand.
When Google+ launched late last month, Google released an Android app for the service and promised that an iOS app would join it soon; on Tuesday, Google delivered with an official native client for Apple's mobile platform.
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
Google+ may be getting some attention it doesn't want -- from Anonymous, which says it will target the new social networking site that launched last month.
In just two weeks, Google's new social network, Google+, has amassed millions of early adopters. Whether you joined the site when it first launched or just received an invitation, there's a lot to learn, from setting up your account to adjusting your...
It became standard procedure in recent years for Internet companies to launch early test versions of their newest services with hooks for external developers, but Google is bucking that trend with its Google+ social network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
- Facebook's plan to disrupt cellular gets big-name support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCProject Coordinator-IT Application Software Implementation BckgNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW