The corporate world's response to the phenomenal growth of social media has ranged from enthusiastic embrace to abject horror.
U.S. social game developer Zynga has partnered with one of China's largest Internet companies, Tencent, to bring its popular CityVille game to the country.
Researchers over the weekend uncovered a Facebook app for Apple's iPad, and showed how "jailbroken" tablets could run the still-unreleased software.
An issue that had simmered for several weeks boiled over this weekend, as Google apparently accelerated deletions of Google+ accounts over the site's requirement that members use their real names.
Demand for Google+ business profiles has reached white-hot intensity, prompting Google+ leader Vic Gundotra to acknowledge the company has been caught off guard, but pledging a fix is being fast-tracked.
After announcing smartphones with a dedicated Facebook button, HTC is trying the same formula in China. This time it will have a button connecting to one of the country's largest Twitter-like services in the country.
Google has acquired startup company Fridge to enhance Google+'s capabilities for group sharing.
Almost a month after Google announced its new social network, the Google+ iPhone app is finally available in the iTunes App Store.
The new Google+ social networking site, out in limited beta release since late June, is growing its usage very quickly, but it remains far from a leadership position, according to Hitwise.
During a Silicon Valley panel discussion Monday evening, LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner emphasized how the online venture he runs enables members to create their own professional brand.
When Google+ launched late last month, Google released an Android app for the service and promised that an iOS app would join it soon; on Tuesday, Google delivered with an official native client for Apple's mobile platform.
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
Google+ may be getting some attention it doesn't want -- from Anonymous, which says it will target the new social networking site that launched last month.
In just two weeks, Google's new social network, Google+, has amassed millions of early adopters. Whether you joined the site when it first launched or just received an invitation, there's a lot to learn, from setting up your account to adjusting your...
It became standard procedure in recent years for Internet companies to launch early test versions of their newest services with hooks for external developers, but Google is bucking that trend with its Google+ social network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying US$532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC