The corporate world's response to the phenomenal growth of social media has ranged from enthusiastic embrace to abject horror.
U.S. social game developer Zynga has partnered with one of China's largest Internet companies, Tencent, to bring its popular CityVille game to the country.
Researchers over the weekend uncovered a Facebook app for Apple's iPad, and showed how "jailbroken" tablets could run the still-unreleased software.
An issue that had simmered for several weeks boiled over this weekend, as Google apparently accelerated deletions of Google+ accounts over the site's requirement that members use their real names.
Demand for Google+ business profiles has reached white-hot intensity, prompting Google+ leader Vic Gundotra to acknowledge the company has been caught off guard, but pledging a fix is being fast-tracked.
After announcing smartphones with a dedicated Facebook button, HTC is trying the same formula in China. This time it will have a button connecting to one of the country's largest Twitter-like services in the country.
Google has acquired startup company Fridge to enhance Google+'s capabilities for group sharing.
Almost a month after Google announced its new social network, the Google+ iPhone app is finally available in the iTunes App Store.
The new Google+ social networking site, out in limited beta release since late June, is growing its usage very quickly, but it remains far from a leadership position, according to Hitwise.
During a Silicon Valley panel discussion Monday evening, LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner emphasized how the online venture he runs enables members to create their own professional brand.
When Google+ launched late last month, Google released an Android app for the service and promised that an iOS app would join it soon; on Tuesday, Google delivered with an official native client for Apple's mobile platform.
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
Google+ may be getting some attention it doesn't want -- from Anonymous, which says it will target the new social networking site that launched last month.
In just two weeks, Google's new social network, Google+, has amassed millions of early adopters. Whether you joined the site when it first launched or just received an invitation, there's a lot to learn, from setting up your account to adjusting your...
It became standard procedure in recent years for Internet companies to launch early test versions of their newest services with hooks for external developers, but Google is bucking that trend with its Google+ social network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
- HPE buying SimpliVity for $650 million to boost hyperconvergence
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTJunior CAD/CAM Software DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW