Twitter rolled out an automatic link shortening feature on Tuesday that enables users to paste long URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) directly into messages sent through its microblogging website, without worrying that the message will exceed the serv...
Combining social media with location services and mobile phones represents the next generation of online marketing, according to speakers at the Search Marketing Expo in Seattle on Tuesday.
The operator of one of China's largest Twitter-like services is developing an English language version of its microblog platform.
A 24-year-old Florida man was arrested Thursday on charges that he broke into women's Web mail accounts, looking for explicit photos to post online.
A 26-year-old U.K. man was arrested Thursday on charges that he tried to hack into the Facebook social-networking site.
Facebook seems unable to stop scammers from circulating malicious Web links that install fake antivirus software on victims' computers.
LinkedIn is exploring opportunities in China, a market with 100 million working professionals that the business networking site believes it can attract, according to the company's vice president Arvind Rajan.
Back in March, LinkedIn rolled out "LinkedIn Today," a beta social news service that aggregates the top headlines and stories related to your industry, based on what your connections share.
Toyota Motor will partner Salesforce.com to offer owners of its electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles a private social network, Toyota Friend, for sharing maintenance tips, the companies announced Monday.
Facebook will use PhotoDNA, an image analysis technology co-invented by Microsoft, to find child pornography on its site, the company <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pFMV8rl_2Y">said on Thursday in a Youtube video.</a>
LinkedIn.com went public today. The IPO started at $45 and shares are currently trading over $100 and climbing. It has been a long time since a tech IPO generated this much excitement, which leads to the inevitable question of "what is it?"
When Facebook built its first company-owned data center in Prineville, Oregon, designing and managing the facility was only part of the challenge. In a blog post Monday, the company explained how it had to stress-test its entire software infrastructu...
Microsoft has incorporated more Facebook data into its Bing search results, increasing the competition around social search with Google, whose level of access to Facebook data is not as deep.
One day after Symantec uncovered an alleged privacy breach, Facebook released four new features to its security suite, unrelated to the discovery.
To help its hundreds of millions of users prevent unauthorized access to their accounts, Facebook has added an optional verification step to its log-in process.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTInformation Management and Data Services ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectACT