One of China’s largest microblogs reported Thursday that it added 40 million registered users in just two months, reflecting a surge in interest in Twitter-like microblog services in the country.
A Twitter-like service operated by one of China's largest Internet firms now has over 90 million active users on a monthly basis, and is positioning itself as one of the world's largest microblogging platforms.
A programming bug on Facebook's website may have accidentally given advertisers and others access to a treasure trove of personal information, according to security researchers at Symantec.
The possibility of Facebook entering China has started to draw political scrutiny, with U.S. senator Dick Durbin questioning whether a rumored tie-up between the U.S. social networking site and Chinese search engine Baidu would affect users' free spe...
It's been called the Facebook of China. And to 24-year-old Kuang Yaqiong, it pretty much is.
Facebook earnings are growing faster than previously expected, and are on track to exceed US$2 billion this year, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Delicious, the social bookmarking service and Web 2.0 pioneer, will live on as part of a new Internet company run by YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen.
One of the biggest Twitter-like microblogs in China will likely add other languages besides Chinese to its service, starting with an English language interface for its iPhone app.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's proposed settlement with Google over its bungled launch of the Buzz social-networking service could have disastrous effects on the rest of the e-commerce industry, the head of a trade group said.
Social networking websites are fast becoming a staple of corporate recruiting. Depending on which studies you read, anywhere from 39 to 65 percent of companies use social networking websites to identify and screen potential candidates for open positi...
A local security expert is dumbfounded by the ease in which a fake <i>Twilight: Breaking Dawn</i> game application has spread across Facebook, and has warned Australians to be less trusting when it came to approving applications on the social network...
Jive Software is buying data-mining startup Proximal Labs in a move that will help it derive deeper insights into social-networking data, the companies announced Wednesday. Terms were not disclosed.
A New York man who claims he's entitled to a sizable stake in Facebook has amended his initial complaint, adjusting his ownership claim and providing additional documents, including e-mails he allegedly exchanged with Mark Zuckerberg.
Eric Schmidt is out at Google. Larry Page is in. I miss Eric already.
A U.S. federal appeals court has denied a request by the Winklevoss twins to release them from their settlement with Facebook over their allegations that Mark Zuckerberg improperly appropriated their idea for the social networking site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- CCChange ManagerACT