Facebook is proposing tweaks to its site governance documents so that they will be consistent with new services the social networking company plans to roll out.
"Lucid Lynx" is the codename given to Canonical's Ubuntu Linux 10.04, now in beta, which adds social networking features and a new look to the popular Linux distribution. A final release is due April 29, the company said.
Novell is ready to begin beta testing its Pulse enterprise social-networking and collaboration suite.
Facebook has backtracked on plans to install a 'panic button' on the social network that would allow users to report abuse.
A recently disclosed patent request suggests Apple may be working on a mobile social networking application that would presumably let iPhone users form ad-hoc groups based on their locations.
Microsoft plans to start a small-scale pilot of a microblogging service aimed at business users that it has been experimenting with in Office Labs.
Security software company McAfee has issued a warning to Facebook users about the latest threat to hit the popular social-networking site.
Users of popular micro-blogging service Twitter were unable to access the site for almost 30 minutes early Wednesday.
Twitter plans to launch a new platform that lets Web publishers display 'tweets' on their sites more broadly and easily than is possible today via the company's APIs (application programming interfaces).
Twitter users can now add their current location to their tweets. The micro-blogging service on Thursday activated an optional new feature that appends geographical information to your posts.
Now under new management, MySpace is looking to reinvent itself and rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. The once dominant social networking site fell from nearly 70 percent of the social networking market, to only 30 percent in less than a year, and ...
BlackBerry Twitter users rejoice! The official BlackBerry Twitter app will finally be released on BlackBerry App World in the coming weeks.
A study released today supports the oft stated notion that most of Twitter's 75 million registered users are less than committed to the microblogging site.
More than 10 billion tweets have been posted on micro-blogging service Twitter.
Software AG opened a beta version of its social network for business process management (BPM) on Tuesday, a year after it first announced the service.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW