Facebook is proposing tweaks to its site governance documents so that they will be consistent with new services the social networking company plans to roll out.
"Lucid Lynx" is the codename given to Canonical's Ubuntu Linux 10.04, now in beta, which adds social networking features and a new look to the popular Linux distribution. A final release is due April 29, the company said.
Novell is ready to begin beta testing its Pulse enterprise social-networking and collaboration suite.
Facebook has backtracked on plans to install a 'panic button' on the social network that would allow users to report abuse.
A recently disclosed patent request suggests Apple may be working on a mobile social networking application that would presumably let iPhone users form ad-hoc groups based on their locations.
Microsoft plans to start a small-scale pilot of a microblogging service aimed at business users that it has been experimenting with in Office Labs.
Security software company McAfee has issued a warning to Facebook users about the latest threat to hit the popular social-networking site.
Users of popular micro-blogging service Twitter were unable to access the site for almost 30 minutes early Wednesday.
Twitter plans to launch a new platform that lets Web publishers display 'tweets' on their sites more broadly and easily than is possible today via the company's APIs (application programming interfaces).
Twitter users can now add their current location to their tweets. The micro-blogging service on Thursday activated an optional new feature that appends geographical information to your posts.
Now under new management, MySpace is looking to reinvent itself and rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. The once dominant social networking site fell from nearly 70 percent of the social networking market, to only 30 percent in less than a year, and ...
BlackBerry Twitter users rejoice! The official BlackBerry Twitter app will finally be released on BlackBerry App World in the coming weeks.
A study released today supports the oft stated notion that most of Twitter's 75 million registered users are less than committed to the microblogging site.
More than 10 billion tweets have been posted on micro-blogging service Twitter.
Software AG opened a beta version of its social network for business process management (BPM) on Tuesday, a year after it first announced the service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD