The group that took down Twitter.com last month has apparently claimed another victim: China's largest search engine Baidu.com.
Social networking site Friendster accepted a buyout offer from Malaysia's MOL Global, which hopes to generate revenue from the site using micropayments.
In an aggressive move, MySpace will open its users' public activity stream data to external developers, so that third-party applications and Web sites are able to display these status updates and action notifications.
Users of Facebook and Yahoo will find more ways to link their actions on those sites next year, as Yahoo prepares what it calls a deep integration of Facebook with services like Yahoo Mail and Yahoo News.
Facebook will soon make major changes to the social-networking site's privacy settings as it tries to make it easier for users to know what personal information and photographs they're sharing.
Can you tell which of the following tweets is from a small but rapidly growing company?
Social-networking sites MySpace and Facebook have apparently fixed coding errors that could have allowed an attacker access to all of their users' data and photos.
Facebook has abruptly decided to pull the plug on its Application Verification program, which let external developers pay to have their applications certified as exceeding certain requirements.
Not to be left out of the party, Google announced today it has signed its own real-time search deal with Twitter.
Facebook is leaping ahead of MySpace</a> to turn into the most popular social networking site in the U.S. Yet although Facebook nailed down 58.6 percent of all U.S visits to social networking sites in September -- for an increase of 194 percent -- u...
For a few weeks now, I've been compiling a list of people who are consistently funny on Twitter. I consulted friends and followers, fellow journalists, existing "Funny People on Twitter" lists (there are many), and even a few of my comedian friends. ...
Anyone who is building a Web-based community, whether it be a social network or other application, faces the same initial hurdle as sites such as Digg did: getting those first few regular users can be quite difficult.
NewsGator's Social Sites, an enterprise social-networking complement to Microsoft's SharePoint Server 2007, now features Twitter-like microblogging capabilities tailored for workplace communications.
With consumers venting opinions about vendors left and right on blogs, social networks, discussion forums and news sites, Jive Software has developed a tool to help companies monitor and analyze relevant online chatter.
Motorola on Thursday announced its first Android smartphone, which will ship in the fourth quarter with T-Mobile USA under the name Cliq.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW