Facebook is extending its Connect data portability technology to developers of mobile sites and applications, following its launch six months ago for iPhone developers, the company announced Thursday in an official blog.
Twitter's plans to let its users attach geographic coordinates to their messages have external developers very interested at the possibilities this new geolocation functionality will open up for their applications.
MySpace, scrambling to jump-start its popularity, has agreed to buy iLike, a social music discovery service that is very popular on MySpace and other social networks like Facebook.
Many Twitter applications have suffered lengthy periods of downtime recently, a situation that has some developers concerned about the company's platform stability.
Twitter experienced "unexpected" downtime on Saturday, and in order to recover from the problem the company will have to implement measures that affect third-party applications that use the Twitter API.
The state of Illinois made it a law this week that convicted sex offenders cannot use social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace.
Facebook on Monday said it has agreed to purchase FriendFeed, a social-networking site that lets people share information and media files on the Web in real time.
The distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks that knocked out Twitter for hours and affected other sites like Facebook, Google's Blogger and LiveJournal on Thursday continued all day Friday and may persist throughout the weekend.
The DOS (denial-of-service) attack that crippled Twitter on Thursday is still affecting the micro-blogging service on Friday, the company said in a blog post.
The Twitter micro-blogging and social networking service was hit with a denial-of-service attack Thursday morning that has rendered the site unavailable for users.
Hoping to deal with a growing problem, Twitter has quietly introduced a feature to prevent users from posting links to malicious Web sites. But security experts say that it can be easily circumvented.
Twitter is working to solve a problem that delays the completion of key account-management functions, like adding and deleting contacts.
MySpace will slash its staff abroad and shutter several international offices, the News Corp. unit said on Tuesday, a week after announcing a big round of layoffs in the U.S.
The restructuring continues at MySpace, whose staff will get cut by almost 30 percent, the News Corp. division announced Tuesday.
Yahoo will close its Yahoo 360 social-networking site in July, something it originally planned to do in early 2008 and later delayed to last year's second half.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW