Google recently launched Google+, the company's latest attempt to get social networking right after its social disaster, Google Buzz. After trying out Google's new social network for several hours, I think Google may have finally figured out how to d...
Whether Google says so or not, Google+ is a direct shot at Facebook, a social networking project that attempts, from the ground up, to let users control who sees what. But building a new social network in the Facebook era isn't easy--even for Google-...
Facebook is reportedly looking to overshadow the recent success of photo-sharing iPhone apps such as Instagram and Color with its own photo-oriented app. TechCrunch says it has received a load of images and documents relating to Facebook's plans to l...
Does anyone want MySpace? The fading social network continues its desperate quest to find new investors, but the situation looks bleak.
Facebook, oh Facebook. Will you ever learn?
I came a little late to the Twitter party. Once I embraced the basic concept, I set out to build a massive Twitter following -- in all the wrong ways, and for all the wrong reasons. If you are new to Twitter, or trying to gain Twitter followers, perh...
Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook are trying to bring another Facebook-ownership lawsuit to a close. The social networking site filed a motion Thursday asking a federal judge to order Paul Ceglia to turn over evidence which Facebook says will prove that h...
When former Google CEO Eric Schmidt took the stage at the AllThingsD conference, it was almost guaranteed that he would blurt out something controversial. But Schmidt didn't go over the top -- he did, however, admit that Google "screwed up" on its so...
Mark Zuckerberg has conquered the world and made half a billion friends along the way, and now he wants to conquer his own dinner. The <a href="https://www.facebook.com/markzuckerberg">Facebook founder</a> recently made the bizarre declaration that h...
Twitter is finally acquiring the third-party Tweet organizer TweetDeck, for the neat (rumored) sum of $40 million. But what does this mean for small businesses that use Twitter?
LinkedIn.com went public today. The IPO started at $45 and shares are currently trading over $100 and climbing. It has been a long time since a tech IPO generated this much excitement, which leads to the inevitable question of "what is it?"
Microsoft has unveiled a deeper conglomerate of Bing and Facebook that harvests the power of the social Web, one year after forming a partnership to take "social search" to the next level.
Facebook users still do not use privacy controls to protect themselves, and a third of children under 18 are below the site's minimum age of 13, Consumer Reports reported in its June issue.
Both Facebook and Google are in the running for some sort of joint venture with consumer voice-over IP (VoIP) giant Skype, according to a Reuters article.
The death of Osama bin Laden, the dramatic events surrounding the military operation against bin Laden's compound in a posh Pakistani suburb, and the resulting conspiracy theories and fear of retaliatory attacks from Al Qaeda are all very popular top...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW