Google this week confirmed its acquisition of online entertainment company Slide. The purchase rehashed speculation that the search giant is interested in working its way into social media, possibly with a game-centered service called Google Me."
Google has pulled the plug on Google Wave. The communication and collaboration tool promised to revolutionize communication--with Google arrogantly asserting that Wave would supersede e-mail the same way the computer made the typewriter obsolete once...
The Old Spice Guy is perfect, obviously. Zero body fat, the supernatural ability to embody masculine ideals, and a baritone deadpan delivery that instantly unleashes awesome into the world.
Google's Orkut social networking site has been beset with bugs lately, leading the company to apologize for spotty service.
Microsoft Kin, a pseudo-smartphone aimed at teenagers, died Wednesday at Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond, Washington. The Kin was only seven weeks old.
Rumors have it that Google is building its own social networking site named "Google Me" that may be the company's attempt to unseat Facebook. Is it possible for the world's most popular search engine to wage war against the world's most popular socia...
We've all done this: You sign into LinkedIn, glance at the "People You May Know" box and recognise a few names. Perhaps they're former colleagues, friends from university, or maybe they're people you've never met before, but you know they'd be a good...
The first (and only) official Twitter app for the iPhone launched today, and is available in the App Store for free.
The serious riots in Bangkok this week have taken a tragic toll out on the streets, but have also sparked an unprecedented emergence of amateur news gathering, shared over YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, which has proved ideal for the fast-moving situ...
LinkedIn has introduced several new updates to their site recently, including the "Company Follow" tool, another that matches users to job openings and a number of new sharing options. But if you're looking to add a bit of pizzazz to your profile, or...
Twitter co-founders Biz Stone and Evan Williams shared some long-awaited usage figures for the service and sought to assure developers that Twitter is becoming a stable platform for building applications, as they kicked off the first-ever developer c...
Facebook has revamped its search engine so that suggested results drop down from the search box as people type in their queries.
Twitter launched a new link-screening service on Tuesday aimed at preventing phishing and other malicious attacks against users of the popular microblogging service.
Despite the changes that Google has made to Buzz following negative reaction to the service, the Electronic Privacy Information Center has filed a complaint with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission charging the search giant with violating user privacy....
Ustream, a service that provides live video streaming across the Internet, has attracted US$20 million in investment from Japan's Softbank and is planning an expansion into Asia, it said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lost thumb drives bedevil US banking agency
- FBI to probe new emails related to Clinton's private server
- New Windows code injection method could let malware bypass detection
- Uber drivers in the UK are employees, court rules
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Software AnalystVIC
- CCPre Sales Solution SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTInformation Security AdvisorNSW
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- TPSAP Basis ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantVIC