Google this week confirmed its acquisition of online entertainment company Slide. The purchase rehashed speculation that the search giant is interested in working its way into social media, possibly with a game-centered service called Google Me."
Google has pulled the plug on Google Wave. The communication and collaboration tool promised to revolutionize communication--with Google arrogantly asserting that Wave would supersede e-mail the same way the computer made the typewriter obsolete once...
The Old Spice Guy is perfect, obviously. Zero body fat, the supernatural ability to embody masculine ideals, and a baritone deadpan delivery that instantly unleashes awesome into the world.
Google's Orkut social networking site has been beset with bugs lately, leading the company to apologize for spotty service.
Microsoft Kin, a pseudo-smartphone aimed at teenagers, died Wednesday at Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond, Washington. The Kin was only seven weeks old.
Rumors have it that Google is building its own social networking site named "Google Me" that may be the company's attempt to unseat Facebook. Is it possible for the world's most popular search engine to wage war against the world's most popular socia...
We've all done this: You sign into LinkedIn, glance at the "People You May Know" box and recognise a few names. Perhaps they're former colleagues, friends from university, or maybe they're people you've never met before, but you know they'd be a good...
The first (and only) official Twitter app for the iPhone launched today, and is available in the App Store for free.
The serious riots in Bangkok this week have taken a tragic toll out on the streets, but have also sparked an unprecedented emergence of amateur news gathering, shared over YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, which has proved ideal for the fast-moving situ...
LinkedIn has introduced several new updates to their site recently, including the "Company Follow" tool, another that matches users to job openings and a number of new sharing options. But if you're looking to add a bit of pizzazz to your profile, or...
Twitter co-founders Biz Stone and Evan Williams shared some long-awaited usage figures for the service and sought to assure developers that Twitter is becoming a stable platform for building applications, as they kicked off the first-ever developer c...
Facebook has revamped its search engine so that suggested results drop down from the search box as people type in their queries.
Twitter launched a new link-screening service on Tuesday aimed at preventing phishing and other malicious attacks against users of the popular microblogging service.
Despite the changes that Google has made to Buzz following negative reaction to the service, the Electronic Privacy Information Center has filed a complaint with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission charging the search giant with violating user privacy....
Ustream, a service that provides live video streaming across the Internet, has attracted US$20 million in investment from Japan's Softbank and is planning an expansion into Asia, it said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- How to find the cheapest flights
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD