Westpac CIO, David Curran, predicts that more partnerships between big banks and smaller fintech startups will help to drive a new innovative working model.
If there's anything Cal Henderson knows about, it's scaling technology to keep up with extremely rapid growth.
Looking to expand its already considerable user base, GitHub has introduced a new desktop GUI client that streamlines many of the functions of the online code repository.
IBM plans to buy Merge Healthcare in a $1 billion deal that promises to bring new image-focused capabilities to its Watson Health platform.
Pharmacists at some 7,800 CVS drugstores across the U.S. will soon be able to tap IBM's Watson cognitive computing system in the hopes of predicting customers' health problems before they arise.
Jumping into an increasingly competitive market, IBM has launched a cloud-based data warehouse service, which the company says offers a way for enterprises to analyze their operations while bypassing most of the headaches that come with running such ...
Oracle on Monday enhanced its cloud-based human resources offering with a suite of "work-life" applications.
Want to harness the power of business intelligence but don't have a six-figure budget to build a data warehouse? Why not try a cloud service instead?
With the help from the city of Abu Dhabi, IBM will offer its Watson-based data analysis services to the Middle East and North Africa.
It's no secret that security has been a tripping point for enterprises considering cloud storage, but OwnCloud on Tuesday took a fresh step toward alleviating such concerns with the addition of a new encryption framework.
Continuing its effort to catch up in the cloud, Oracle has unveiled a new software-as-a-service product aimed at e-commerce providers.
CareerBuilder has long been known primarily for its namesake jobs-listing site, but on Wednesday the company launched a new recruitment platform that's aimed squarely at enterprise HR departments.
Oracle has launched a number of new Cloud services that the company claims will provide enterprises with all the tools they need to run their operations in the cloud.
VMware is hoping to convince CIOs to centralize single sign-on access to all kinds of apps with Identity Manager, which can run in the cloud or on-site and also offers application provisioning and a self-service catalog.
Dropbox wants to gain a stronger foothold in the enterprise, and on Thursday it rolled out several new Dropbox for Business features that sweeten the deal for corporate users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia