Gartner recently predicted that 25% of organizations will have their own app store by 2017, and while app stores can improve flexibility and empower staff, once the floodgates open it can be incredibly difficult for enterprises to manage software lic...
Planning a purchase from a major IT vendor? In this still-tough economy, negotiating pros recommend being aggressive and creative, as well as analyzing your requirements first so that you don't buy more than you need and know where you can compromise...
Oracle's unlimited license agreements (ULAs) can make great sense for companies that want to use a lot of the vendor's software, but a number of potential pitfalls can get buried in the fine print, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
IBM on Monday reported first-quarter earnings of US$1.97 per share on $22.9 billion in revenue, a rise of 16 percent and 5 percent, respectively, over the same period last year.
Fueled by growth in new software licenses, Oracle revenue for its fiscal third quarter, ended Feb. 28, increased 17 percent from the same period last year, hitting US$6.4 billion, though earnings declined due in part to restructuring charges incurred...
The Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) has brought a copyright lawsuit against 14 consumer electronics companies for allegedly violating GNU General Public License (GPL) in the use of GPL-licensed software in their products. Among those named in the ...
There are several types of software license audits, each with their own risks and variables, experts say.
Oracle licensing consultant Eliot Arlo Colon still remembers the enormous global publishing company that was "so darn confident" it would breeze through an upcoming software license audit unscathed.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- CIA updates rules for collecting and retaining info on US people
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA