Mac OS X Lion review: a shock to the system
Apple Keynote review: This app remains a work in progress
Numbers for iPhone review: Not all is perfect in Numbers-land
This "social magazine" iPad app works best when the reader-generated material is actually interesting
Adobe's updated version of Premiere Pro CS5 offers new, cutting-edge features for professional video editors
software in pictures
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.
Google Drive can do much more than you realize. Ready to unlock its productivity potential?
Google's Founders' Letter was an exception this year for the fact that it was penned by Google CEO Sundar Pichai rather than Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
Oracle's latest quarterly security update contains 136 fixes for flaws in a wide range of products including Oracle Database Server, E-Business Suite, Fusion Middleware, Oracle Sun Products, Java and MySQL.
Nyansa, based in Silicon Valley, emerged from stealth mode on Monday with Voyance, a Cloud-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) offering that analyses inputs from wired and wireless LANs to gauge users' actual experiences on a network.
The latest update lets you view notifications, read new emails, and reply to messages from the comfort of your wrist.
BlackBerry has stopped producing phones with its in-house operating system as the company focuses on a more secure Android.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Google Earth users can do more than just fly around a virtual globe. The free mapping application can display real-time weather, help compose photographs and measure distances much more easily than its Maps cousin.
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
Autocorrect is a boon from the computer gods for anyone engaged in tiny-screen typing, but it's also the bane of every iPhone and iPad user's existence. You can accept the gift and avoid the grief by paying attention to a few details.
Your iPhone and iPad can speak aloud any text you can select. In this video, I'll show you how to enable that feature, and how to type emoji symbols in your text, too.
When their data has been stolen, and is being held hostage, companies are increasingly caving in to cybercriminal demands for payment. Short of paying up, the best defense is a good offense.
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Cortana, Microsoft's smart, snarky digital assistant, is one of the highlight features of Windows 10, imbuing the operating system with a sense of presence that never existed in previous versions of Windows. Cortana's natural language search capabili...
Finally, an operating system from Microsoft you can love.
Whitepapers about software
In the second half of 2013, the advancement of security breaches across all industries continued to rise. Within this report, we’ll explain how more than half a billion records of personally identifiable information (PII) such as names, emails, credit card numbers and passwords were leaked in 2013 - and how these security incidents show no signs of stopping.
Videos about software
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW