Mac OS X Lion review: a shock to the system
Apple Keynote review: This app remains a work in progress
Numbers for iPhone review: Not all is perfect in Numbers-land
This "social magazine" iPad app works best when the reader-generated material is actually interesting
Adobe's updated version of Premiere Pro CS5 offers new, cutting-edge features for professional video editors
software in pictures
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.
Google Drive can do much more than you realize. Ready to unlock its productivity potential?
Google's Founders' Letter was an exception this year for the fact that it was penned by Google CEO Sundar Pichai rather than Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
Oracle's latest quarterly security update contains 136 fixes for flaws in a wide range of products including Oracle Database Server, E-Business Suite, Fusion Middleware, Oracle Sun Products, Java and MySQL.
Nyansa, based in Silicon Valley, emerged from stealth mode on Monday with Voyance, a Cloud-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) offering that analyses inputs from wired and wireless LANs to gauge users' actual experiences on a network.
The latest update lets you view notifications, read new emails, and reply to messages from the comfort of your wrist.
BlackBerry has stopped producing phones with its in-house operating system as the company focuses on a more secure Android.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Google Earth users can do more than just fly around a virtual globe. The free mapping application can display real-time weather, help compose photographs and measure distances much more easily than its Maps cousin.
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
Autocorrect is a boon from the computer gods for anyone engaged in tiny-screen typing, but it's also the bane of every iPhone and iPad user's existence. You can accept the gift and avoid the grief by paying attention to a few details.
Your iPhone and iPad can speak aloud any text you can select. In this video, I'll show you how to enable that feature, and how to type emoji symbols in your text, too.
When their data has been stolen, and is being held hostage, companies are increasingly caving in to cybercriminal demands for payment. Short of paying up, the best defense is a good offense.
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Cortana, Microsoft's smart, snarky digital assistant, is one of the highlight features of Windows 10, imbuing the operating system with a sense of presence that never existed in previous versions of Windows. Cortana's natural language search capabili...
Finally, an operating system from Microsoft you can love.
Whitepapers about software
In the second half of 2013, the advancement of security breaches across all industries continued to rise. Within this report, we’ll explain how more than half a billion records of personally identifiable information (PII) such as names, emails, credit card numbers and passwords were leaked in 2013 - and how these security incidents show no signs of stopping.
Videos about software
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW