It's been a busy and transformative year for enterprise software. We dug through our story archives, talked to industry experts and put on our thinking caps to come up with this list of key events and emerging trends from 2012, all of which are set t...
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
When Tim Berners-Lee invented the first Web browser in 1990, it was just an application made to read HTML pages passively. Fast-forward to today, and the modern Web browser has become a powerful platform in itself—almost a miniature operating system,...
PC gaming is primed for a renaissance—or at least a reinvention—like we haven’t seen since the advent of 3D acceleration in the late 1990s. For this, we can thank the mobile revolution and all its attendant technologies. Game developers can now tap i...
Windows 8 may not be the easiest operating system to use, but no one can accuse it of being stingy. If you poke deep inside the new OS, you'll find a generous assortment of software tools, many of which make third-party utilities redundant.
Desktop users deserve a significant rethink of the Windows 8 gaffes and omissions for the next version of Windows
"The Human Face of Big Data" is an ambitious and attractive new large-format book that aims to give readers, through photography and short articles, a glimpse of how powerful new data processing capabilities are changing people's lives. Author Rick S...
SAP and a financial analyst are at loggerheads over a recent report by the analyst, which said that a handful of customers had received substantial discounts on their software maintenance renewals.
Hewlett-Packard's bombshell revelation that it would take a US$8.8 billion non-cash writedown after allegedly discovering major accounting fraud related to its Autonomy business unit has rocked the tech world.
For all the talk about the advantages of Windows 8 over Windows 7—for example, account sync, better multiple monitor support, and faster startup times—some people just can't get past Windows 8's radical shift in user interface. Some may even want to ...
Social media is now embedded in our business workflows, our shopping habits, and our news sources. So it's no wonder that Microsoft infused social media features into its Windows 8 contacts app, People. The message is clear. Since social media is omn...
Windows 8 comes preloaded with plenty of apps for basic productivity and entertainment, but they're not necessarily the best you can do. We've already mentioned the apps you should download first, but now we want to share some third-party apps that y...
Having finally launched its next-generation operating system, Windows 8, Microsoft now faces what may be its most daunting marketing challenge ever.
Windows 8 is rife with features and behaviors that conspire to perplex even the most experienced PC users. Not all of them are bad, per se, but few of them are immediately intuitive. Making matters worse, the OS was primarily designed for touch contr...
Microsoft's radical shift to touch-centric computing in Windows 8 is far from the only difference between the new operating system and its predecessor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCProgram ManagementWA