Microsoft is expected on Tuesday to update its strategy for cloud-based ERP (enterprise resource planning) and CRM (customer relationship management) software during the annual Worldwide Partner Conference in Los Angeles.
MicroStrategy is rolling out a cloud-based service that allows the exchange of data between Facebook and enterprise applications, the BI (business intelligence) vendor announced Tuesday during its user conference in Monte Carlo.
As part of an update to its Metastorm BPM (business process management) software, content management software provider OpenText has added a personnel directory to its Metastorm Smart Business Workspace product.
A U.S. nonprofit consortium is hoping the prospect of a US$20,000 cash prize will help spur the creation of open-source software tools companies can use to work with the XBRL (Extensible Business Reporting Language) standard for financial reporting.
The W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) is seeking to invalidate a pair of Apple patents so the underlying technologies can be used as part of a royalty-free HTML5 stack.
The U.S. Army's massive SAP software project is "at high risk" of running further over time and budget, according to a recent report by the Department of Defense's Inspector General's Office.
The two-week stock market rally in technology, among other sectors of the economy, came to a screeching halt Friday as the U.S. Bureau of Labor issued its monthly jobs survey.
Ubuntu Linux was a pleasant surprise.
Hewlett-Packard and Oracle continued to throw mud at each other in an ugly court battle over Oracle's decision to drop support for Itanium, in which each side has accused the other of publicity stunts and unwarranted secrecy.
Oracle has issued the first release candidate of Java Standard Edition version 7.
SAP announced Thursday that its supervisory board has extended the contracts of co-CEOs Jim Hagemann Snabe and Bill McDermott until June 30, 2017, in a move that could give customers confidence that the company remains committed long-term to its stra...
SAP's Sybase division announced the latest version of its IQ columnar database on Thursday, a release focused on providing enough scalability to allow many thousands and types of users within a company to access the system.
Compuware announced Wednesday it has purchased application performance monitoring vendor dynaTrace for US$256 million in cash, a move that builds upon its 2009 <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9139077/Update_Compuware_buys_Gomez_for_29...
You read last week's Backspin (you did, didn't you?) so you'll know it included a riposte from my old friend and verbal sparring partner, Winn Schwartau, to my April column "Curse you, users."
Deloitte Consulting is fighting an attempt by Marin County, California, to bring allegations over a failed ERP (enterprise resource planning) software project before a jury, calling it a tactical ploy to gain publicity and avoid a skeptical judge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCWorkplace Design LeadNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW