Despite its inevitable comparisons to the popular Apple iPad, Cisco's Cius is viewed more as another entry point into Cisco's collaboration ecosystem and less as the company's entry into tablet computing.
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps. But <em>Macworld</em> has learned that Apple is working with developers to bring their apps in...
With consumers these days living ever more mobile and connected lives, it seems only natural that we'd move toward a more connected automobile. After all, the average urban American spends the equivalent of 8.3 days a year commuting, according to The...
Many people dislike PowerPoint, Microsoft's ubiquitous application for creating business presentations, but few would take a political stand over it. However, that's exactly what Switzerland's Anti-PowerPoint Party (APPP) seeks to do -- along with ma...
One thing we all have is lots of old software, and we always need to worry about how we will run that one crucial application next year, the year after, or a decade down the road. Will the hardware be available? Will the drivers and libraries require...
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps.
Office 365 is now officially out, having been launched with great fanfare by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in New York City this week, but customers of the suite's previous version, called BPOS, will have to wait at least two months to join the party.
Further refining an already widely used full-text search engine, the Apache Software Foundation has updated Lucene to execute searches more quickly across multiple servers, the development team announced Friday. It has also improved performance of Lu...
Intel is developing a Windows application, Personal Office Energy Monitor (POEM), that will allow workers to monitor in real time the energy consumed by their PC, printer, heating and lighting.
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is demanding that systems integrator Science Applications International Corporation reimburse more than US$600 million it was paid in connection with the troubled CityTime software project, a long-running effort to ov...
Gartner on Thursday upgraded its forecast for worldwide IT spending, saying it will grow 7.1 percent this year to US$3.7 trillion as companies migrate to the cloud and spend more on software and IT services.
Version 9.0 of EnterpriseDB's Oracle-compatible database is now available, with new support for Hewlett-Packard's HP-UX operating system, the company announced Thursday.
CA said on Wednesday it plans to acquire Interactive TKO, which offers a simulation platform designed to reduce the time it takes to develop and test complex applications, for US$330 million in cash.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and University of Potsdam in Germany have pioneered a new way to continually monitor the physical condition of bridges, aircraft, buildings and other large structures. They have produced a mate...
Hewlett-Packard's lawsuit against Oracle over its decision to stop developing software for Intel's Itanium processors is a "publicity stunt" and meant to "lay the blame on Oracle for the disruption that will occur when HP's Itanium-based server busin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia