SAP's Business One suite for small businesses will now be available in a new subscription-based, hosted offering through SAP partners, the company announced Tuesday.
The world is already abuzz about Google+, even though it's not accessible to most. Still, many doubt that anyone, even the mighty one from Mountain View, can catch up to Facebook's half a billion (at least) active users. Unless, maybe there was a sim...
Despite its inevitable comparisons to the popular Apple iPad, Cisco's Cius is viewed more as another entry point into Cisco's collaboration ecosystem and less as the company's entry into tablet computing.
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps. But <em>Macworld</em> has learned that Apple is working with developers to bring their apps in...
With consumers these days living ever more mobile and connected lives, it seems only natural that we'd move toward a more connected automobile. After all, the average urban American spends the equivalent of 8.3 days a year commuting, according to The...
Many people dislike PowerPoint, Microsoft's ubiquitous application for creating business presentations, but few would take a political stand over it. However, that's exactly what Switzerland's Anti-PowerPoint Party (APPP) seeks to do -- along with ma...
One thing we all have is lots of old software, and we always need to worry about how we will run that one crucial application next year, the year after, or a decade down the road. Will the hardware be available? Will the drivers and libraries require...
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps.
Office 365 is now officially out, having been launched with great fanfare by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in New York City this week, but customers of the suite's previous version, called BPOS, will have to wait at least two months to join the party.
Further refining an already widely used full-text search engine, the Apache Software Foundation has updated Lucene to execute searches more quickly across multiple servers, the development team announced Friday. It has also improved performance of Lu...
Intel is developing a Windows application, Personal Office Energy Monitor (POEM), that will allow workers to monitor in real time the energy consumed by their PC, printer, heating and lighting.
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is demanding that systems integrator Science Applications International Corporation reimburse more than US$600 million it was paid in connection with the troubled CityTime software project, a long-running effort to ov...
Gartner on Thursday upgraded its forecast for worldwide IT spending, saying it will grow 7.1 percent this year to US$3.7 trillion as companies migrate to the cloud and spend more on software and IT services.
Version 9.0 of EnterpriseDB's Oracle-compatible database is now available, with new support for Hewlett-Packard's HP-UX operating system, the company announced Thursday.
CA said on Wednesday it plans to acquire Interactive TKO, which offers a simulation platform designed to reduce the time it takes to develop and test complex applications, for US$330 million in cash.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT