Despite its inevitable comparisons to the popular Apple iPad, Cisco's Cius is viewed more as another entry point into Cisco's collaboration ecosystem and less as the company's entry into tablet computing.
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps. But <em>Macworld</em> has learned that Apple is working with developers to bring their apps in...
With consumers these days living ever more mobile and connected lives, it seems only natural that we'd move toward a more connected automobile. After all, the average urban American spends the equivalent of 8.3 days a year commuting, according to The...
Many people dislike PowerPoint, Microsoft's ubiquitous application for creating business presentations, but few would take a political stand over it. However, that's exactly what Switzerland's Anti-PowerPoint Party (APPP) seeks to do -- along with ma...
One thing we all have is lots of old software, and we always need to worry about how we will run that one crucial application next year, the year after, or a decade down the road. Will the hardware be available? Will the drivers and libraries require...
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps.
Office 365 is now officially out, having been launched with great fanfare by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in New York City this week, but customers of the suite's previous version, called BPOS, will have to wait at least two months to join the party.
Further refining an already widely used full-text search engine, the Apache Software Foundation has updated Lucene to execute searches more quickly across multiple servers, the development team announced Friday. It has also improved performance of Lu...
Intel is developing a Windows application, Personal Office Energy Monitor (POEM), that will allow workers to monitor in real time the energy consumed by their PC, printer, heating and lighting.
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is demanding that systems integrator Science Applications International Corporation reimburse more than US$600 million it was paid in connection with the troubled CityTime software project, a long-running effort to ov...
Gartner on Thursday upgraded its forecast for worldwide IT spending, saying it will grow 7.1 percent this year to US$3.7 trillion as companies migrate to the cloud and spend more on software and IT services.
Version 9.0 of EnterpriseDB's Oracle-compatible database is now available, with new support for Hewlett-Packard's HP-UX operating system, the company announced Thursday.
CA said on Wednesday it plans to acquire Interactive TKO, which offers a simulation platform designed to reduce the time it takes to develop and test complex applications, for US$330 million in cash.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and University of Potsdam in Germany have pioneered a new way to continually monitor the physical condition of bridges, aircraft, buildings and other large structures. They have produced a mate...
Hewlett-Packard's lawsuit against Oracle over its decision to stop developing software for Intel's Itanium processors is a "publicity stunt" and meant to "lay the blame on Oracle for the disruption that will occur when HP's Itanium-based server busin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW