Microsoft introduced this week technology for C++ developers to leverage GPUs (graphics processing units) for parallel programming.
The much-criticized JCP (Java Community Process), which maps out procedures for amending officially sanctioned Java technologies, is set for a facelift that includes greater transparency and the possible loss of voting privileges for JCP members who ...
To maintain its prominence, Java must evolve to meet the needs of cloud computing, the author of the popular Spring Framework for Java said on Tuesday.
With the release of its hotly anticipated Final Cut Pro X (FCP X), Apple breaks new ground -- not just with its flagship video editor's interface and underlying infrastructure -- but with the whole mindset of what it means to be a working professiona...
RIM has cut its sales target for PlayBook tablets in the second quarter to one-third of the original estimate, according to Taiwan-based suppliers cited in a report.
Microsoft's BPOS Cloud-hosted communication and collaboration suite suffered an outage on Wednesday, the latest in a string of technical problems in recent months.
Adhering to the trend of <a href="https://www.infoworld.com/d/applications/microsoft-powerpivot-paves-the-way-self-service-bi-093">simplifying business intelligence tools</a> so they can be used by a wider audience, Pentaho has revamped the user inte...
Box.net has integrated its cloud-hosted content management application with Google's Docs online office productivity suite.
Nokia said on Wednesday it has finalized an agreement with Accenture to develop the Symbian mobile OS as the company retrenches in a competitive mobile device market.
SlideShare, a site for posting, viewing, rating and commenting on business presentations, documents and videos, is deepening its integration with LinkedIn, the professional networking site.
There's "the cloud" and then there's Windows Azure.
Online storage service Dropbox made an embarrassing error Monday, turning off password authentication for millions of users.
Google has released an experimental extension for its Chrome browser that developers can use to scan their Web applications and flag code that could make them vulnerable to malware attacks.
IBM's Netezza division is rolling out a new analytic appliance that can analyze up to 10 petabytes of data "in a matter of minutes," the company is expected to announce Wednesday during the Enzee Universe conference in Boston.
A court case that open-source advocates say could have major repercussions on the GPL opened in German district court in Berlin Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW