SAP will soon roll out Crystal Server 2011 and Business Objects Edge 4.0, a pair of new BI (business intelligence) products aimed at small and medium-sized companies, the company announced Tuesday.
Google removed more malware-infected applications from its Android Market last week, according to a security researcher who reported the rogue software to the company.
Apple's new version of its desktop operating system is expected to allow quick access to the Internet without having to log back in when your system is locked.
Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry smartphone OS is known for security, and that's for good reason. RIM designed the mobile OS with security in mind from the start, and it shows; the BlackBerry OS offers a number of ways for smartphone owners and ...
Let the Windows 8 hardware rumors begin.
An Arizona company sued Apple in federal court last week over the "iCloud" trademark, court documents show.
Ubuntu 11.04 (nicknamed Natty Narwhal) marks a decided change in direction for the Linux-based operating system. The biggest change is that Canonical, the organizer of Ubuntu, is replacing the Gnome/KDE desktop environment with a new user interface c...
Apple now has more than 350,000 apps in its App Store, offering developers a large -- and growing -- market in which to sell their wares.
HP on Monday made some organizational changes as the company tries to regain its footing under its new CEO.
Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth is a big fan of Google Chrome, and says the browser could replace the standard Firefox in future versions of Ubuntu Linux.
Mozilla will try to plug more memory leaks in Firefox with a new, aggressive approach that relies on weekly bug triage meetings, the company said last week.
Not everything is handed to data center managers on a silver platter. Sure, a few administrative tools arrive on freshly produced discs right from the server vendor. But there are some indispensable tools you can get from third parties, open-source p...
Oracle's Exadata X2 machines are now certified to run applications from rival SAP, following recent steps by SAP to move its customers off Oracle database platforms.
Responding to some people's seemingly insatiable need to share their thoughts online, Nuance has updated its Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech recognition software so users no longer need to type to post updates to Facebook or Twitter.
Microsoft is trying to woo Android application developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW