Apple's new version of its desktop operating system is expected to allow quick access to the Internet without having to log back in when your system is locked.
Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry smartphone OS is known for security, and that's for good reason. RIM designed the mobile OS with security in mind from the start, and it shows; the BlackBerry OS offers a number of ways for smartphone owners and ...
Let the Windows 8 hardware rumors begin.
An Arizona company sued Apple in federal court last week over the "iCloud" trademark, court documents show.
Ubuntu 11.04 (nicknamed Natty Narwhal) marks a decided change in direction for the Linux-based operating system. The biggest change is that Canonical, the organizer of Ubuntu, is replacing the Gnome/KDE desktop environment with a new user interface c...
Apple now has more than 350,000 apps in its App Store, offering developers a large -- and growing -- market in which to sell their wares.
HP on Monday made some organizational changes as the company tries to regain its footing under its new CEO.
Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth is a big fan of Google Chrome, and says the browser could replace the standard Firefox in future versions of Ubuntu Linux.
Mozilla will try to plug more memory leaks in Firefox with a new, aggressive approach that relies on weekly bug triage meetings, the company said last week.
Not everything is handed to data center managers on a silver platter. Sure, a few administrative tools arrive on freshly produced discs right from the server vendor. But there are some indispensable tools you can get from third parties, open-source p...
Oracle's Exadata X2 machines are now certified to run applications from rival SAP, following recent steps by SAP to move its customers off Oracle database platforms.
Responding to some people's seemingly insatiable need to share their thoughts online, Nuance has updated its Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech recognition software so users no longer need to type to post updates to Facebook or Twitter.
Microsoft is trying to woo Android application developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone.
Apple will provide a free upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 to all customers who purchase a new Mac notebook or desktop before Lion ships next month.
Fans of Linux, Microsoft and Macs used to be able to search for information about those topics on Google using specialized search tools that narrowed the results to a focused set of highly relevant Web sites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW