Apple on Wednesday updated the malware engine included with Snow Leopard to detect the newest version of MacDefender, the fake antivirus program that's plagued users for the last month.
Can Microsoft's next-generation, touch-oriented Windows 8 OS give Microsoft a leg-up in the tablet computer market now dominated by Apple's iPad?
Oracle suddenly <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/060111-oracle-submits-openofficeorg-codebase-to.html">announced Wednesday it was submitting</a> the codebase for OpenOffice.org to the Apache Software Foundation, ending speculation about...
IT departments can now build custom applications for Google Apps and integrate them with the cloud-based collaboration and communication suite in the same way that commercial software vendors do.
Having learned its lesson the hard way with Windows Vista, Microsoft offered assurances Thursday that its upcoming Windows 8 operating system won't require users to buy a new PC.
As it works to bring its touch-enabled Windows 8 operating system to market, Microsoft is trying to extend its influence over PC makers to ensure they build systems that are best able to run its new software.
Texas Instruments on Thursday announced a quad-core chip for tablets with features to boost application and graphics performance in Microsoft's upcoming Windows OS.
Your PC's hard drive may have half a terabyte of data on its platters, and you might not remember the last time you backed any of it up. In all likelihood, though, you use only a few gigabytes' worth of files on a regular basis. With a combination of...
Net Applications has released the browser market share data for the month of May. It looks like more good news for Chrome, and more bad news for Internet Explorer.
In order to keep a tight leash on future Windows tablets, Microsoft is reportedly asking each chip maker to work with a single computer maker.
Microsoft showed Thursday the next version of its Windows OS at a press event in Taipei, unveiling a completely new tile-based interface that it hopes will be better suited for the emerging world of tablet PCs.
Citrix founder Edward Iacobucci is launching a startup called <a href="http://www.virtualworks.com">VirtualWorks Group</a> that plans to organize the mountains of data overwhelming modern businesses.
30 days with...Ubuntu Linux: Day 1
Windows 8 is on its way, and it'll be a departure from the Windows we know and love today. That was the message Microsoft sent Wednesday afternoon at the annual D: All Things Digital Conference, taking place near Los Angeles.
The gang responsible for a month-long plague of fake Mac security software has already updated their "scareware" to evade defenses Apple put in place late Tuesday, a security company confirmed today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC