For the first time, companies around the world are planning to spend as much on new software projects as they do maintaining existing systems, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
Taking the stage a second time after going on medical leave five months ago, Apple CEO Steve Jobs is slated to announce the iCloud services offering at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) next week.
Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
It was just about a year ago that IBM, Samsung, ARM and others formed Linaro, the not-for-profit organization that aims to make it easier for developers to use Linux on ARM-based devices, and over the past few weeks the group has made several announc...
Skype users affected by a recent glitch can now get back online by downloading the latest software update -- provided they're using Windows.
Google unveiled details of Google Wallet this week. Google Wallet is an ambitious mobile payment plan designed to let your Android smartphone be your wallet, but you should consider very carefully just how secure your credit card data will be in Goog...
A highly-touted Anglo-US startup has emerged from stealth mode this month with a new type of database design it believes can transform the way this class of software is used by many large companies.
There is a new world order. MacDefender, and subsequently MacGuard, demonstrate that the inherent security by obscurity of the Mac is fading, and that attackers are looking at the bigger picture.
Next week could be a big one for Microsoft, as it's rumored to show off Windows 8 tablet software for the first time. Sources tell Bloomberg that a prototype Windows tablet will be demonstrated on hardware powered by Nvidia's Tegra processor, but the...
1. Rumors of its demise have been greatly exaggerated. Open-source advocates feared that Oracle, which gained ownership of the open-source MySQL database through its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, would choke off its development in order to protect...
One in every 20 Windows PCs whose users turned to Microsoft for cleanup help were infected with malware, Microsoft said this week.
Microsoft, long the enemy of open source software, announces a pending deal to buy Skype and Skype promptly ditches a partnership with an open source company. Those two things have to be related, right?
Lockheed Martin’s has “major internal computer network problems,” that one security blogger is linking to compromised RSA tokens, according to published reports.
Microsoft's original Windows Home Server was both crude and groundbreaking. When it debuted, it had limited hardware support, no 64-bit version, and weak built-in capabilities beyond file and app storage. On the other hand, it offered robust backup, ...
Apple may have conquered the Mac Defender malware with an official support page and a promise to wipe out the problem through a software update, but that's not stopping malware authors from fighting back.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
- Failure to patch known ImageMagick flaw for months costs Facebook $40k
- US alleges systemic employment discrimination at Oracle
- Modern warfare: Death-dealing drones and ... illegal parking?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT