When Microsoft announced its purchase of Skype earlier this month, it took great pains to affirm its commitment to continuing support for the technology on platforms other than Windows.
Google on Tuesday patched several vulnerabilities in Chrome, including two a French security company said could be used to bypass the browser's anti-exploit technology.
EMC today formally announced a reseller partnership with MapR Technologies, a start-up that plans to sell a proprietary MapReduce product based on Apache Hadoop.
Hours after Apple owned up to a fake security software scam campaign, the "scareware" gang released a new variant, with a new name and a streamlined installation process that doesn't prompt victims for their password, a French antivirus firm said tod...
A U.S. senator wants Apple and Google to require some applications in their mobile app stores to have privacy policies as a way to protect users against location tracking.
The federal judge overseeing the Java patent litigation between Oracle and Google has said it might be necessary to delay a trial until U.S. authorities finish re-examining a number of Oracle's patents, a process that could take years.
One in eight government IT tenders in the European Union illegally specifies a brand, according to a new report from Openforum Europe (OFE).
There's been quite some commotion regarding the Mac and its relative security since Trojan horse Mac Defender appeared on the scene earlier this month. Now Apple's weighing in, with a Knowledge Base article focused on Mac Defender.
Apple on Tuesday promised an update for Mac OS X that will find and delete the MacDefender fake security software, and warn still-unaffected users when they download the bogus program.
PAW Server turns your Android device into a password-protected Web server. It's a neat and useful little app that can transform your phone into a streaming Webcam or a remote audio recording device. You can also use PAW Server to upload files to your...
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
As the U.S. arrival date approaches for the first Chromebooks from Samsung and Acer, hardware maker Xi3 on Friday announced its own entrant in the form of a desktop PC running Chrome OS.
Microsoft yesterday backed away from comments made by CEO Steve Ballmer, who had told Japanese software developers that the next version of Windows would be dubbed Windows 8, and that it would launch in 2012.
Aternity has updated its application monitoring platform so that it can monitor Ajax-styled Web applications as well as 64-bit Java desktop applications, the company announced Tuesday.
A software platform developed for TVs by the Meego open-source community, expected next month, will allow service providers to combine pay TV, app stores and consumer home content in one set-top box.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW