Controlling your PC remotely from your smartphone sounds useful in theory, looks cool as an experiment, and generally proves impractical in everyday use.
Mac Defender is turning out to be somewhat of an epidemic that neither Apple, nor Mac users seem prepared for. The Mac malware has caught the Apple ecosystem off guard and threatens to shatter the reality distortion field that Apple thrives on.
Several big IT vendors, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, BMC Software, Intel and Red Hat, announced this week that they are banding together to promote an open-source virtualization platform -- Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) -- as an alternative t...
Google has always been known for fast and easy-to-use Web services loved by consumers. Google has never been known for the kind of dedicated support enterprise IT shops demand from technology vendors.
Android has further consolidated its status as the leading global smartphone operating system, according to data released by both Gartner and the Millennial Media mobile ad network.
Exchange Online, the hosted version of Microsoft's e-mail system, ran into technical problems again on Thursday, the latest in a series of downtime and performance hiccups.
Apple's Mac App Store puts users at risk because it's slow to update vulnerable software, a security researcher said Wednesday.
Updates to the Linux kernel are always exciting because of the advance look they provide at what's to come in upcoming Linux distributions, and Thursday's 2.6.39 release is no exception.
More than a year ago, Google announced an ambitious project to create a new class of device powered by an operating-system version of its Chrome browser . Many months of hyped expectations later, Google finally took the wraps off the first of its Chr...
Microsoft today called comments made by an Intel executive about the next version of Windows "inaccurate" and "misleading."
Following through on a promise made last September, Oracle will now offer its legacy JRockit Java Virtual Machine (JVM) at no cost for personal and internal use.
Dropbox has been making headlines this week, but not the kind of headlines that companies like to make. A complaint filed with the FTC accuses the cloud data storage provider of deceptive and misleading practices regarding just how secure customer da...
Canonical's Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" may still be occupying much of the Linux world's attention, but at last week's Ubuntu Developer Summit in Budapest, the next version of the free and open source Linux distribution began to take form.
In a big cloud computing win for Microsoft, the city and county of San Francisco announced Wednesday that it is moving workers from multiple email systems to Microsoft's cloud-based email.
Large numbers of web browsers run out of date plug-ins that render them vulnerable to security exploits, a new analysis by security management company Qualys has found.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC