Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
Sales of Office 2010 -- especially to consumers -- fueled Microsoft's record quarter, the company and analysts said last week.
There seems to be no end to the momentum propelling Linux into the mainstream these days, and this week news came out that's surely among the most exciting developments yet.
To spur Android app purchases and help application developers, Google will introduce a range of new features around its online Android Market, including an in-app payment option and expanded carrier billing.
Apple and News Corp. will launch the latter's The Daily iPad-only newspaper next week in New York, according to invitations sent to members of the press.
Oracle's recent move to switch Sun Microsystems documentation to Oracle support infrastructure has some users up in arms, since the original links currently redirect to a general table of contents.
IBM's LotusLive on-demand collaboration suite is getting a boost via integration with SugarCRM and Ariba's Discovery Service supplier database, the companies announced Thursday.
Oracle is offering a data warehouse tailored for the needs of the financial services industry, the company announced Thursday.
Oracle has added more than 350 PeopleSoft customers in the past year, even as it prepares to launch the <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/d/applications/oracles-fusion-apps-finally-debut-in-q1-2011-892">next-generation Fusion Applications</a>, the co...
Demandbase unveiled on Wednesday a capability to integrate CRM with Web sites, with the intention to improve the user experience for target accounts by personalizing Web content.
Expanding on its Technical Computing initiative, Microsoft is launching on Wednesday TC Labs, a resource for developers to access early releases of Technical Computing software.
Mobile developers are betting that a wave of Android tablets this year floats their application boats, according to a survey published today.
While all the world scrutinized the proposed "Do Not Track" feature for Mozilla's Firefox 4 on Monday, a tiny patch quietly emerged that promises to cut the open source browser's startup time in half on Windows.
The LibreOffice project came about late in 2010 when it became increasingly uncertain what Oracle's intentions were for OpenOffice.org, which it acquired after purchasing Sun.
If you've ever wanted to wrestle your phone number away from the carriers, now's your chance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- SAP takes steps to simplify pricing and licensing
- Inexpensive Windows PCs hitting the market with help from Microsoft
- Study disputes predictions of coming spectrum crunch
- IBM turns to local rival for help as China gets tougher for foreign firms
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ