Mozilla may still be weeks away from automatically upgrading users of its aging Firefox 3.5 browser, but even without the benefit of those additional users its latest browser version continues to blast past Microsoft's competing Internet Explorer 9 i...
Seagate today announced a battery-powered wireless external drive for mobile devices, including those powered by Apple's iOS, such as the iPad.
EMC and Box.net announced a deeper partnership that gives customers a stepping stone to embrace the benefits of the cloud without risking it all.
Scammers are trying to trick Windows users into paying to fix bogus hard drive errors that have apparently erased important files, a researcher said today.
A federal jury has ordered SAP to pay Versata Software damages of $US345 million in connection with a patent infringement lawsuit.
Microsoft has added support for another Linux server distribution with its Hyper-V virtualization software, its latest move to compete better with virtualization market leader VMware.
SAP is preparing to release a major revamp of its software for EPM (enterprise performance management), a subset of BI (business intelligence) that focuses on areas such as budgeting, planning and compliance, the company announced Monday in conjuncti...
SAP and Dell are expanding their relationship in the areas of cloud computing and in-memory databases, the companies will announce on Monday during the Sapphire conference in Orlando.
<a href="http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/05/16/the-evolution-of-nokia-and-ovi/">Nokia will abandon its Ovi mobile services brand</a> as it prepares to sell smartphones based on Microsoft's Windows Phone software, it said in a blog posting on Mond...
Microsoft reminded users on Monday that it will stop supporting Windows Vista Service Pack 1 on July 12.
Japan's NTT DoCoMo plans to launch what it calls the world's smallest Windows 7 computer in the next two months.
Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter open threats to sensitive corporate data that businesses need to deal with aggressively, Interop attendees were told.
Google's I/O conference unleashed a flurry of Android news this week, including some long-awaited new applications and updates to the operating system itself.
Consumers may love that Google's Chromebooks will automatically deliver security updates, but company administrators will resist it tooth and nail, experts said today.
Microsoft is positioning its Windows Azure cloud service as a platform to provide back-end services for mobile devices, including Apple's iOS and Google's Android.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Content MigrationVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA