The National Security Agency (NSA) recently published a report, "Best Practices for Keeping Your Home Network Secure" (PDF) in which it makes numerous recommendations designed to help home computer users avoid malware and other common problems.
Although Research in Motion made its name by delivering secure corporate email, it has had to move quickly to adapt to the ever-shifting world of social networking.
With Red Hat on the verge of becoming the first billion-dollar company focused exclusively on open source software, it has attracted quite a bit of attention -- from lawyers waving patents.
Microsoft today said it will patch a critical bug in its Windows server software and two other vulnerabilities in PowerPoint, the presentation maker bundled with Office.
The open-source Mozilla project said Thursday it won't comply with a U.S. Department of Homeland Security request to remove a Firefox add-on that helps redirect Web traffic for sites that have been seized by the government.
Global spending on enterprise software grew 8.5 percent in 2010 to US$245 billion following a 2.5 percent drop-off in 2009, suggesting the industry is shaking off the effects of the economic downturn and starting more new projects, according to figur...
Opera Software has released Dragonfly, a development and debugging tool integrated into its browsers, the company said on Thursday.
Apple and its App Store will remain king when it comes to mobile app revenues for years, according to new research that expects the overall paid app market to double by 2014.
Attention, Nexus One owners: the latest variant of Gingerbread is here! But don't get too excited as this "special" Nexus One version of Android doesn't deliver all the digital goodies that other handsets are getting.
Recently, Apple previewed more features that will be available in its upcoming release of Mac OS X 10.7, "Lion." We first got a glimpse of Lion at Apple's Back to the Mac event in October, when CEO Steve Jobs said that several technologies developed ...
Underpromise and overdeliver—always a good strategy. Apple said it would take a few weeks to issue an iOS update to fix a handful of bugs related to the storage of location data, but it's taken just seven days between that announcement and the appear...
Apple will reap more than three-fourths of all mobile app store revenues generated this year, but rival Google's growth is climbing faster, a research analyst said yesterday.
Microsoft and VMware are the enemies of interoperability, and only open source software can prevent cloud lock-in.
Oracle has subpoenaed the Apache Software Foundation in connection with its ongoing intellectual property suit against Google, the open-source group <a href="https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_subpoenaed">said We...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2SA
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC