The National Security Agency (NSA) recently published a report, "Best Practices for Keeping Your Home Network Secure" (PDF) in which it makes numerous recommendations designed to help home computer users avoid malware and other common problems.
Although Research in Motion made its name by delivering secure corporate email, it has had to move quickly to adapt to the ever-shifting world of social networking.
With Red Hat on the verge of becoming the first billion-dollar company focused exclusively on open source software, it has attracted quite a bit of attention -- from lawyers waving patents.
Microsoft today said it will patch a critical bug in its Windows server software and two other vulnerabilities in PowerPoint, the presentation maker bundled with Office.
The open-source Mozilla project said Thursday it won't comply with a U.S. Department of Homeland Security request to remove a Firefox add-on that helps redirect Web traffic for sites that have been seized by the government.
Global spending on enterprise software grew 8.5 percent in 2010 to US$245 billion following a 2.5 percent drop-off in 2009, suggesting the industry is shaking off the effects of the economic downturn and starting more new projects, according to figur...
Opera Software has released Dragonfly, a development and debugging tool integrated into its browsers, the company said on Thursday.
Apple and its App Store will remain king when it comes to mobile app revenues for years, according to new research that expects the overall paid app market to double by 2014.
Attention, Nexus One owners: the latest variant of Gingerbread is here! But don't get too excited as this "special" Nexus One version of Android doesn't deliver all the digital goodies that other handsets are getting.
Recently, Apple previewed more features that will be available in its upcoming release of Mac OS X 10.7, "Lion." We first got a glimpse of Lion at Apple's Back to the Mac event in October, when CEO Steve Jobs said that several technologies developed ...
Underpromise and overdeliver—always a good strategy. Apple said it would take a few weeks to issue an iOS update to fix a handful of bugs related to the storage of location data, but it's taken just seven days between that announcement and the appear...
Apple will reap more than three-fourths of all mobile app store revenues generated this year, but rival Google's growth is climbing faster, a research analyst said yesterday.
Microsoft and VMware are the enemies of interoperability, and only open source software can prevent cloud lock-in.
Oracle has subpoenaed the Apache Software Foundation in connection with its ongoing intellectual property suit against Google, the open-source group <a href="https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_subpoenaed">said We...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCSecurity EngineerNSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCService SupportACT
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersQLD
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW