Oracle has introduced support for Apple's iPad and iPhone as part of a slew of enhancements to its BI (business intelligence) software, the company announced Tuesday.
Many cynical users assume Web browsers do little more than dutifully render HTML. The content is the most important part, they say, so it makes little difference which browser you use.
Research in Motion announced two new BlackBerry Bold smartphones on Monday that run on a new BlackBerry 7 operating system and include near field communication (NFC) support.
Tom Guthrie wants to selectively remove the usernames, passwords, and other bits of text from his browser's AutoFill -- or AutoComplete -- feature.
Apple has the largest app store by a long shot: Currently iPhone users can choose from 350,000 apps. But how many apps do people really use -- and should the size of the Apple App Store sway your next smartphone purchase? It shouldn't.
The March launches of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) and Firefox 4 failed to stop Microsoft's and Mozilla's decline in browser share, new Web usage data published Sunday showed.
Most cloud applications have development (or at least scripting) capabilities that allow for deep customization plus some level of database access and computational capabilities. But even the best of the cloud applications must put in limiters for th...
President Obama's late-night announcement of the death of Osama bin Laden by Navy SEALs triggered a massive amount of real-time comments, searches, social networking and video streaming. The traffic explosion bogged down news pages and for a while ev...
Apple's iOS, the mobile operating system that powers the iPad and iPhone, has more than doubled its share of the worldwide operating system market over the past 10 months.
Linux users' proverbial cup is already overflowing this spring thanks to several recent coups for the open source operating system. Just last week, however, more good news arrived for users of the free software in the form of an announcement from Moz...
New browser market share data shows that both Internet Explorer and Firefox lost ground in April. While Microsoft and Mozilla trumpet their latest browsers, publicly trade jabs, and beat their chests at one another, Chrome and Safari are quietly gain...
Scammers are distributing fake security software aimed at the Mac by taking advantage of the news that al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden has been killed by U.S. forces, a security researcher said today.
The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, launched last month by RIM has been relatively successful thus far despite being almost universally slammed as being an incomplete work in progress in initial reviews. Well, one of the missing features will soon be add...
Introducing NoSQL to the world of mobile applications, Couchbase has released a beta version of its CouchDB non-relational database for the iPhone iOS.
SAP is hoping to make customers' ERP (enterprise resource planning) projects more successful with a tool that can visualize the application's ultimate look and feel without having to write code, the company said Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD