The Document Foundation on Friday <a href="http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/04/22/libreoffice-3-4-beta-2-available/">announced a second beta</a> for LibreOffice 3.4, the offshoot of the OpenOffice.org codebase, one week after Oracle said it wo...
Two high-profile murders of college students in North Carolina during 2008 have led to the creation of CJLEADS (Criminal Justice Law Enforcement Automated Data Services), an analytics project that aggregates a slew of disparate data stores and is des...
E-mail marketing giant Epsilon will build an industry-leading security system in response to a March 30 breach in which thieves gained access to the e-mail addresses and names of partner's customers, the CEO of Epsilon's parent company said Thursday.
You may not think you've got much in common with an investigative journalist or an academic medical researcher. But if you're trying to extract useful information from an ever-increasing inflow of data, you'll likely find visualization useful - wheth...
Federal Trade Commission Chairman Jon Liebowitz this week singled out Google for not adopting "Do Not Track," the privacy feature that lets consumers opt out of online tracking by Web sites and advertisers.
Apple today said it sold a record 18.6 million iPhones in the first three months of 2011, the third consecutive quarter the company's smartphone has set sales records.
The next version of Canonical's Ubuntu Server, version 11.04, due out April 28, will set the stage for the open-source operating system's greater usage in the enterprise cloud, company officials said.
The judge hearing Oracle's Java patent lawsuit against Google hopes to get the case wrapped up before the end of November, he said Wednesday, but it won't help his cause that the U.S. patent office has agreed to reexamine Oracle's patents in the case...
Do you know what your employees are doing on the Web? At a minimum, they're probably goofing off watching YouTube videos. At worst, they could be steering your company toward financial ruin. In this quick guide, I'll show you how to keep an eye on em...
It's unlikely that hordes of VMware, Citrix or Microsoft Hyper-V users will flock to open-source virtualization or cloud-computing platform as an alternative to the hypervisors and virtualized infrastructure-management software they've already chosen...
IBM says it will support servers running Microsoft Windows on one of its mainframe platforms by the end of this year.
Would you object if a police officer stopped you for speeding, then took your phone and cloned all its data--including photos, videos, e-mails, and recent GPS locations?
Oracle is getting ready to challenge SaaS human resources vendors like SuccessFactors and Workday with Fusion HCM (human capital management), one component of its long-awaited Fusion Applications suite.
A Michigan woman pleaded guilty Wednesday to a charge related to selling more than US$400,000 worth of counterfeit software on a website, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Global spending on BI (business intelligence), analytics and performance management applications jumped 13.4 percent in 2010 to US$10.5 billion, according to figures released Wednesday by analyst firm Gartner. The results reflect the BI market's cont...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCService DeskWA