Nokia's recent decision to close the source code for its Symbian smartphone OS likely won't affect most application developers or consumers.
Microsoft is moving its Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) applications to its Azure cloud platform, the company announced Monday at the Convergence conference in Atlanta. The belated move represents a major change for the way Microsoft sell...
One of the world's "leading experts" in the use of high-performance computing (HPC) for modelling natural disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis, will be speaking about his latest research at an international event in Bristol.
Diane asked where on her hard drive she could find her downloaded email messages. She uses Windows Live Mail.
Google's new CEO is making one thing clear - he'll be honing the company's focus in on social networking.
Mozilla has set an aggressive schedule for the next version of Firefox, slating the release of Firefox 5 for June 21.
Mozilla's Firefox 4 may still be fresh from the oven and cooling on millions of users' computers, but Mozilla has already set an aggressive schedule with specific dates for the release of the open source browser's upcoming versions.
The rumors are true: Music Unlimited, Sony's cloud-based streaming music service, will launch on the PSP platform April 14.
Exploiting recent hardware enhancements that IBM added into its System z mainframe servers, enterprise software provider BMC has updated its line of performance tuning products to help customers get more from the latest version of the DB2 database.
Microsoft today said it will patch a record 64 vulnerabilities in Windows, Office, Internet Explorer, Windows graphics framework, and other software next week, and tie a December 2010 record for the number of security updates it issues.
Google's delay in publishing the source code to Android 3.0 'Honeycomb' beyond a handful of large companies is temporary and does not represent a sudden change in its openness, project guru Andy Rubin has said.
Unless you are a statistical anomaly, you should have received a handful of notifications by now from companies like Chase Bank, or Best Buy warning you that your email address may have been compromised in the attack on Epsilon
In announcing its cloud computing services on Thursday, IBM stressed repeatedly that private clouds -- or those that exist behind the corporate firewall -- are as important to its strategy as those in the public realm.
IBM plans to release the next version of its flagship Java application server, Websphere 8, on June 17, according to documents posted to IBM's website this week.
Developers who want to take advantage of Nokia's cross-platform application and user interface framework can now access the latest release candidate.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW