Uniting the seemingly conflicting values of fast data access and deep analysis, open-source software company DataStax is developing a package that will combine its Cassandra non-relational database with Apache Hadoop data process framework, the compa...
Microsoft has released a Windows update that adds support for India's new rupee symbol, but the update excludes a significant number of users who still run Windows XP, according to analysts.
Microsoft has put up a website that allows owners of Windows Phone 7-based smartphones to find out when they will be offered the copy and paste update, the company said in a <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/201...
Windows users who install the latest Java security patches may end up with a little more security than they bargained for, at least that's the risk they take if they don't pay close attention to the installation process.
Over 100 million apps have been downloaded from Samsung Electronics' mobile and TV app store in less than a year after its launch, the company said Thursday.
Users downloaded nearly 7 million copies of the new Firefox 4 in the 24 hours since its launch yesterday, Mozilla's running tally claimed.
AVG has launched AVG Mobilation for Android which the company is promoting as the world's first security app specifically designed for Android tablets.
An iPad app that may soon play a pivotal role connecting soldiers on the street with airplanes hovering high above will be shown for the first time next month at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas.
Microsoft hates when customers buy products that weren't built in Redmond, but Steve Ballmer and crew aren't going to miss a moneymaking opportunity, even if that means managing iPhones, iPads, Androids and, yes, even Linux computers.
Database tools provider Tokutek has updated its MySQL storage engine to support live updating of schemas, the company <a href="http://tokutek.com/2011/03/announcing-tokudb-v5-0-making-big-data-agile/blogs">announced</a> Wednesday.
It's been a little hard of late to find references to SOA (service-oriented architecture), the buzz-phrase that once saturated the IT industry but in recent years has succumbed to "cloud computing." But SOA remains alive and relevant, according to a ...
SAP is hoping to cement its foothold in the growing market for GRC (governance, risk and compliance) software with a new suite, announced Wednesday, that is nearly three years in the making.
Oracle on Tuesday became the latest software maker to say it will stop developing applications for Intel Itanium microprocessors, following a similar announcement by Microsoft last year and Red Hat the year before.
If IT shops want to prevent users from going to the Cloud, they have to bring the Cloud to the users.
A lot has changed in the browser universe since Firefox 3.0 launched in June 2008. Google Chrome burst onto the scene, and has undergone frequent updates since then. Microsoft released IE 8 and IE 9. Safari advanced from version 3 then to version 5 n...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
- 5G spectrum squatting case ends in $100M FCC fine
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT