Microsoft has put up a website that allows owners of Windows Phone 7-based smartphones to find out when they will be offered the copy and paste update, the company said in a <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/201...
Windows users who install the latest Java security patches may end up with a little more security than they bargained for, at least that's the risk they take if they don't pay close attention to the installation process.
Over 100 million apps have been downloaded from Samsung Electronics' mobile and TV app store in less than a year after its launch, the company said Thursday.
Users downloaded nearly 7 million copies of the new Firefox 4 in the 24 hours since its launch yesterday, Mozilla's running tally claimed.
AVG has launched AVG Mobilation for Android which the company is promoting as the world's first security app specifically designed for Android tablets.
An iPad app that may soon play a pivotal role connecting soldiers on the street with airplanes hovering high above will be shown for the first time next month at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas.
Microsoft hates when customers buy products that weren't built in Redmond, but Steve Ballmer and crew aren't going to miss a moneymaking opportunity, even if that means managing iPhones, iPads, Androids and, yes, even Linux computers.
Database tools provider Tokutek has updated its MySQL storage engine to support live updating of schemas, the company <a href="http://tokutek.com/2011/03/announcing-tokudb-v5-0-making-big-data-agile/blogs">announced</a> Wednesday.
It's been a little hard of late to find references to SOA (service-oriented architecture), the buzz-phrase that once saturated the IT industry but in recent years has succumbed to "cloud computing." But SOA remains alive and relevant, according to a ...
SAP is hoping to cement its foothold in the growing market for GRC (governance, risk and compliance) software with a new suite, announced Wednesday, that is nearly three years in the making.
Oracle on Tuesday became the latest software maker to say it will stop developing applications for Intel Itanium microprocessors, following a similar announcement by Microsoft last year and Red Hat the year before.
If IT shops want to prevent users from going to the Cloud, they have to bring the Cloud to the users.
A lot has changed in the browser universe since Firefox 3.0 launched in June 2008. Google Chrome burst onto the scene, and has undergone frequent updates since then. Microsoft released IE 8 and IE 9. Safari advanced from version 3 then to version 5 n...
Mozilla Firefox 4 was officially released on Tuesday, and within just a few short hours the browser had been downloaded more than a million times. To celebrate the browser's launch, Mozilla has opened the digital doors on a new download statistic Web...
Firefox 4 got off to a strong start today, with one million copies of the new browser downloaded in the first three hours.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying US$532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW