Mozilla Firefox 4 was officially released on Tuesday, and within just a few short hours the browser had been downloaded more than a million times. To celebrate the browser's launch, Mozilla has opened the digital doors on a new download statistic Web...
Firefox 4 got off to a strong start today, with one million copies of the new browser downloaded in the first three hours.
ORLANDO -- The PlayBook tablet from Research in Motion, priced from $499, will go on sale April 19 at Best Buy stores, RIM and Best Buy announced Tuesday at the CTIA conference here.
Software company rPath is updating its platform for automating application management across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a new graphical user interface, aiming to make the product easier to use, the company said Tuesday.
Microsoft is updating the next version of its System Center IT infrastructure and server management suite so it can manage virtual machines in the cloud. It is also adding controls that will allow departmental IT chiefs to manage their own system res...
Oracle wants help in figuring out what should go into Java Development Kit 8, the next-generation development platform for the programming language.
Opera Software has released updated versions of its Mini and Mobile smartphone browsers, and adapted the browsers' interface for tablets, the Norwegian company said on Tuesday.
A Mozilla executive last week said he was surprised that rival Microsoft has abandoned support for the 10-year-old Windows XP operating system in its new Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) browser.
There's a new version of the Firefox browser coming out this week, and it's so good you may want to adopt it instead of either Microsoft's IE or Google's Chrome. Indeed, I've already made the switch using an almost complete version of Firefox 4; the ...
Sprint is integrating the Google Voice application into all of its phones, giving users a new way to make cheap international calls.
Mobile application development, including the need to extend enterprise applications to mobile devices, is growing in prominence, according to research reported by Evans Data on Monday. Evans expects mobile and tablet applications to become a huge pa...
The Eclipse Foundation is offering on Monday beta access to a hosted version of the organization's planned Orion platform for building and integrating Web development tools.
The U.S. government itself has come out against <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> in a Supreme Court case that may decide the way patents are protected.
The disaster in Japan is putting a pinch on 25% of the worldwide production of silicon wafers used to make computer chips, according to a new report.
Linux has long played a leading role in the world of servers, due in large part to its stability, security and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). What many don't realize, however, is just how ubiquitous it's becoming in other parts of life as well.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA