Mozilla Firefox 4 was officially released on Tuesday, and within just a few short hours the browser had been downloaded more than a million times. To celebrate the browser's launch, Mozilla has opened the digital doors on a new download statistic Web...
Firefox 4 got off to a strong start today, with one million copies of the new browser downloaded in the first three hours.
ORLANDO -- The PlayBook tablet from Research in Motion, priced from $499, will go on sale April 19 at Best Buy stores, RIM and Best Buy announced Tuesday at the CTIA conference here.
Software company rPath is updating its platform for automating application management across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a new graphical user interface, aiming to make the product easier to use, the company said Tuesday.
Microsoft is updating the next version of its System Center IT infrastructure and server management suite so it can manage virtual machines in the cloud. It is also adding controls that will allow departmental IT chiefs to manage their own system res...
Oracle wants help in figuring out what should go into Java Development Kit 8, the next-generation development platform for the programming language.
Opera Software has released updated versions of its Mini and Mobile smartphone browsers, and adapted the browsers' interface for tablets, the Norwegian company said on Tuesday.
A Mozilla executive last week said he was surprised that rival Microsoft has abandoned support for the 10-year-old Windows XP operating system in its new Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) browser.
There's a new version of the Firefox browser coming out this week, and it's so good you may want to adopt it instead of either Microsoft's IE or Google's Chrome. Indeed, I've already made the switch using an almost complete version of Firefox 4; the ...
Sprint is integrating the Google Voice application into all of its phones, giving users a new way to make cheap international calls.
Mobile application development, including the need to extend enterprise applications to mobile devices, is growing in prominence, according to research reported by Evans Data on Monday. Evans expects mobile and tablet applications to become a huge pa...
The Eclipse Foundation is offering on Monday beta access to a hosted version of the organization's planned Orion platform for building and integrating Web development tools.
The U.S. government itself has come out against <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> in a Supreme Court case that may decide the way patents are protected.
The disaster in Japan is putting a pinch on 25% of the worldwide production of silicon wafers used to make computer chips, according to a new report.
Linux has long played a leading role in the world of servers, due in large part to its stability, security and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). What many don't realize, however, is just how ubiquitous it's becoming in other parts of life as well.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceACT
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD