Microsoft yesterday followed Mozilla's lead by adding support to IE9 for the same "Do Not Track" technology used by Firefox 4.
Google on Tuesday updated Chrome, patching a flaw in the browser's copy of Flash Player.
Back in November I wrote about the 233-line patch that was expected to bring a huge speed boost to version 2.6.38 of the Linux kernel, and that's just what made its widely anticipated debut on Monday night.
Last weeks' earthquake and tsunami in Japan may put a crimp in Apple's supply of flash memory, but its problem will pale in comparison to smaller firms, an analyst said today.
Although Java founder James Gosling left Oracle last year after a short, dissatisfying experience with the company following its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, he nonetheless sees Oracle as having no choice but to do a good job in its stewardship o...
Motorola Mobility announced today that its Wi-Fi-only Xoom tablet will hit the U.S. market on March 27 for $599 from a variety of retailers.
The newest update to the Linux operating-system kernel features a number of enhancements that should offer a performance boost, particularly for running databases and other programs that require maximum resources from the server.
The specification for the next version of Java Enterprise Edition has been approved unanimously, <a href="http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=5162">according to a posting</a> on the Java Community Process website.
Google is working to restore offline storage capabilities for its Apps productivity software and should have it done by the end of the year, according to a senior company official on Wednesday.
Google has upgraded the ability to post comments and respond to them in its Docs office productivity applications, making the feature more dynamic and more integrated with e-mail.
Infor is hoping to shed perceptions that it hasn't emphasized product innovation throughout the long string of acquisitions that made it one of the world's largest ERP software vendors after SAP and Oracle, announcing Wednesday that it plans to hire ...
VMware is waiting for Apple to approve a software client for iPads that will allow IT staff to manage their virtualized environments.
University researchers in Taiwan have released a mobile phone application that with one touch can transmit to any number of people the location of users trapped in earthquake rubble or under mudslides, the professor behind the project said on Wednesd...
In the last three months of 2010 attackers managed to serve 3 million malicious advertising, or malvertising, impressions every day. That's the headline figure from a report released today from Web security firm Dasient. According to Dasient, that's ...
The malicious code that led Google to remove more than 50 Trojan applications from the Android Marketplace appears to mainly be a "dropper" -- a program designed to load other code to further compromise the affected smartphone, according to a securit...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesACT
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTPerformance TesterWA
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW