Back in November I wrote about the 233-line patch that was expected to bring a huge speed boost to version 2.6.38 of the Linux kernel, and that's just what made its widely anticipated debut on Monday night.
Last weeks' earthquake and tsunami in Japan may put a crimp in Apple's supply of flash memory, but its problem will pale in comparison to smaller firms, an analyst said today.
Although Java founder James Gosling left Oracle last year after a short, dissatisfying experience with the company following its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, he nonetheless sees Oracle as having no choice but to do a good job in its stewardship o...
Motorola Mobility announced today that its Wi-Fi-only Xoom tablet will hit the U.S. market on March 27 for $599 from a variety of retailers.
The newest update to the Linux operating-system kernel features a number of enhancements that should offer a performance boost, particularly for running databases and other programs that require maximum resources from the server.
The specification for the next version of Java Enterprise Edition has been approved unanimously, <a href="http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=5162">according to a posting</a> on the Java Community Process website.
Google is working to restore offline storage capabilities for its Apps productivity software and should have it done by the end of the year, according to a senior company official on Wednesday.
Google has upgraded the ability to post comments and respond to them in its Docs office productivity applications, making the feature more dynamic and more integrated with e-mail.
Infor is hoping to shed perceptions that it hasn't emphasized product innovation throughout the long string of acquisitions that made it one of the world's largest ERP software vendors after SAP and Oracle, announcing Wednesday that it plans to hire ...
VMware is waiting for Apple to approve a software client for iPads that will allow IT staff to manage their virtualized environments.
University researchers in Taiwan have released a mobile phone application that with one touch can transmit to any number of people the location of users trapped in earthquake rubble or under mudslides, the professor behind the project said on Wednesd...
In the last three months of 2010 attackers managed to serve 3 million malicious advertising, or malvertising, impressions every day. That's the headline figure from a report released today from Web security firm Dasient. According to Dasient, that's ...
The malicious code that led Google to remove more than 50 Trojan applications from the Android Marketplace appears to mainly be a "dropper" -- a program designed to load other code to further compromise the affected smartphone, according to a securit...
Internet Explorer 9 is officially here. But, IE9 is only compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, so two-thirds of the PCs in the world can't take advantage of it.
Throughout the beta testing phase of Internet Explorer, and the days and weeks leading up to its official launch, much has been made of the blazing performance of IE9's hardware accelerated graphics, and the overall immersive experience of the new br...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC