Google will upgrade on Thursday its Google App Engine cloud platform and its software development kit, adding capabilities for real-time communications and increased data replication.
Hewlett-Packard on Thursday said it will bring strong multimedia and entertainment applications to WebOS by moving the MediaServer team into its Palm business unit.
Adobe and Google have collaborated to put the Flash Player plug-in inside a sandbox within Chrome, an effort by the two companies to better protect users from attacks.
WikiLeaks is making as many waves as it is headlines these days -- challenging the balance between the right to free speech and the need to defend national security interests. In a recent Forbes interview Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks, reveale...
Hewlett-Packard announced Thursday that it will roll out an improved services support program as well as a policy change that could impede the growth of third-party support providers.
Nvidia is looking to expand its CUDA parallel-processing architecture to mobile devices in the next few years, the company's CEO said Wednesday.
Internet Explorer 6 was originally released in the summer of 2001. At the time, it was a significant step forward for Microsoft and helped to establish Internet Explorer as a dominant force in Web browsers. The venerable browser has put up a good fig...
Though most recently expected to debut in October, Google's Chrome Web Store may now finally be on the verge of launching.
Innovations in mobile computing will continue apace in coming years, but battery power and wireless spectrum could become critical obstacles, according to mobile executives speaking Tuesday evening at a gathering in Silicon Valley.
The developers of a tool that lets Windows Phone 7 users load applications that aren't in the Marketplace have pulled the tool, less than a week after publishing it.
The Web front end for a Free Software Foundation software repository remains down after the server it was hosted on was attacked last week.
Apple's iPhone and Research in Motion's BlackBerry are in a dead heat for U.S. smartphone ownership honors, Nielsen said today.
Continuing its low-key crusade for greater mainframe openness (or less IBM dominance of that market), Microsoft has invested an undisclosed amount of money in mainframe emulator provider TurboHercules, said the Paris company.
Hewlett-Packard has dropped plans to offer Microsoft's next version of Windows Home Server OS, code-named Vail, in its products, after retiring a line of servers carrying the current version of the OS, Microsoft said on Tuesday.
Muscling up on cloud technologies, Cisco Systems is in the process of acquiring network management software vendor LineSider Technologies, the company announced Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft (hearts) Linux, for Azure's sake
- IPhones dial in larger Apple profit in fourth quarter
- Telephony vendor Mitel goes public with $540M bid for ShoreTel
- Office Mix now lets PowerPoint users create on the fly
- Are higher frequencies mobile's next frontier? The FCC wants to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW