Most U.S. residents would be happy to get a few thousand dollars back from the Internal Revenue Service at tax time. But a snafu in some Intuit software recently resulted in a number of Ohio residents receiving letters indicating that eye-popping sum...
A company that builds tools to give greater privacy online released a free browser extension on Tuesday that lets users selectively decide which websites they will allow to track them.
Google will start letting Apps administrators delay the delivery of upgrades to their domains to give them a chance to prepare themselves and their users for interface or functionality changes.
Swiftly following Microsoft's release of Internet Explorer 9, Google has issued a plug-in for the new browser that allows users to play videos in Google's WebM video file format.
Oracle is making a fresh run at Microsoft's SQL Server, claiming on Tuesday that its open-source MySQL database offers up to 90 per cent cost savings over SQL Server along with blazing performance on Windows.
USANomad asked the Answer Line forum if people can eavesdrop on Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOID) phone calls.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 launches tonight at 9 p.m. Pacific, accompanied by a celebratory bash at the South-by-Southwest conference in Austin, Texas. The hoopla might be appropriate, because IE9 is Microsoft's most aggressive attempt yet at ha...
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Microsoft will launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), the first upgrade to its browser since 2009, Monday night at 9 p.m. PT.
The dual-screen Kyocera Echo, an Android smartphone, will sell for $199.99 with a two-year agreement starting April 17 exclusively from Sprint, the carrier announced Monday.
Some downloadable software is so good that you just have to grab it. Unfortunately, often you have to pay for it after you try it out. But every once in a while, a must-have program is totally free. Such indispensable, no-cost programs are the hardes...
Internet Explorer 9 will be officially available Monday, March 14. Microsoft has a dominant, but dwindling stake in the overall browser market, led by Internet Explorer 8. The reality, though, is that there is virtually no chance that Internet Explor...
It's a rare e-mail user indeed who hasn't experienced the awful moment that can come right after hitting "send." It's the moment when you realize that you just said something you shouldn't have in the e-mail, and there's no way to get it back.
"If you are not planning on getting an iPad 2 on Friday at 5 p.m., the terrorists win." So said open source icon Miguel de Icaza on his Twitter feed this week, and he wasn't joking.
Microsoft's Bing search engine is on the rise, while Google's still-dominant market share has dropped to about two-thirds of all U.S. searches, according to new data from Experian Hitwise.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
- Facebook's plan to disrupt cellular gets big-name support
- US state officials worry about their ability to respond to cyberattacks
- French tax police raid Google’s Paris office
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT