Internet Explorer 9 is officially here. But, IE9 is only compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, so two-thirds of the PCs in the world can't take advantage of it.
Throughout the beta testing phase of Internet Explorer, and the days and weeks leading up to its official launch, much has been made of the blazing performance of IE9's hardware accelerated graphics, and the overall immersive experience of the new br...
Most U.S. residents would be happy to get a few thousand dollars back from the Internal Revenue Service at tax time. But a snafu in some Intuit software recently resulted in a number of Ohio residents receiving letters indicating that eye-popping sum...
A company that builds tools to give greater privacy online released a free browser extension on Tuesday that lets users selectively decide which websites they will allow to track them.
Google will start letting Apps administrators delay the delivery of upgrades to their domains to give them a chance to prepare themselves and their users for interface or functionality changes.
Swiftly following Microsoft's release of Internet Explorer 9, Google has issued a plug-in for the new browser that allows users to play videos in Google's WebM video file format.
Oracle is making a fresh run at Microsoft's SQL Server, claiming on Tuesday that its open-source MySQL database offers up to 90 per cent cost savings over SQL Server along with blazing performance on Windows.
USANomad asked the Answer Line forum if people can eavesdrop on Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOID) phone calls.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 launches tonight at 9 p.m. Pacific, accompanied by a celebratory bash at the South-by-Southwest conference in Austin, Texas. The hoopla might be appropriate, because IE9 is Microsoft's most aggressive attempt yet at ha...
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Microsoft will launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), the first upgrade to its browser since 2009, Monday night at 9 p.m. PT.
The dual-screen Kyocera Echo, an Android smartphone, will sell for $199.99 with a two-year agreement starting April 17 exclusively from Sprint, the carrier announced Monday.
Some downloadable software is so good that you just have to grab it. Unfortunately, often you have to pay for it after you try it out. But every once in a while, a must-have program is totally free. Such indispensable, no-cost programs are the hardes...
Internet Explorer 9 will be officially available Monday, March 14. Microsoft has a dominant, but dwindling stake in the overall browser market, led by Internet Explorer 8. The reality, though, is that there is virtually no chance that Internet Explor...
It's a rare e-mail user indeed who hasn't experienced the awful moment that can come right after hitting "send." It's the moment when you realize that you just said something you shouldn't have in the e-mail, and there's no way to get it back.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTLead/ Senior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC