When 2010 began, the iPad was nothing but a collection of rumors and speculation.
Four months after it debuted Office for Mac 2001, Microsoft on Tuesday launched the first free trial of the application suite.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
For many drivers, the cockpit of their car is a sanctum sanctorum, a place where privacy is sacrosanct. That's becoming less so, however, as high-tech gadgets are introduced to find out what you're doing behind the wheel.
Trailing the last volume he published by 38 years, computer science pioneer Donald Knuth has released the first part of volume four of his widely respected series of books, "The Art of Computer Programming."
SAP saw revenue rise 27 percent in the fourth quarter but profits dropped by more than a third due to increased provisions linked to litigation with Oracle related to its former TomorrowNow unit, the company said Wednesday.
Oracle has nominated Brazilian user group SouJava to fill the vacancy left by the Apache Software Foundation on the Java SE/EE executive committee.
New York City is harnessing the power of employee-based collaborative filtering to solicit new ways to save money and improve city government.
Google is debuting on Tuesday a special category for education-related software in its Apps Marketplace, prompted by what it considers the success of its Apps for Education collaboration and communication suite.
Oracle is hoping to make new inroads against the likes of Microsoft SharePoint with WebCenter Suite 11g, which was announced Tuesday.
MicroStrategy will announce a series of new BI (business intelligence) products for Apple mobile devices, transactional data systems and on-demand deployments at its annual user conference on Tuesday in Las Vegas.
IT professionals enjoyed a dramatically improved hiring landscape in 2010, marked in particular by the fewest job cuts in a year since 2000.
A site called Vid.ly this week is debuting its answer to the emerging battle between Google, <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> and others over the future of HTML5 video standards.
With many companies expressing concerns about committing to cloud computing one group of users appears to have no such worries.
With every passing month, Google Chrome is becoming increasingly popular. Fans laud its lean, stripped-down interface, and its fast browsing. They also appreciate the free extensions that give Chrome the ability to do all kinds of nifty things.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerACT