When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
For many drivers, the cockpit of their car is a sanctum sanctorum, a place where privacy is sacrosanct. That's becoming less so, however, as high-tech gadgets are introduced to find out what you're doing behind the wheel.
Trailing the last volume he published by 38 years, computer science pioneer Donald Knuth has released the first part of volume four of his widely respected series of books, "The Art of Computer Programming."
SAP saw revenue rise 27 percent in the fourth quarter but profits dropped by more than a third due to increased provisions linked to litigation with Oracle related to its former TomorrowNow unit, the company said Wednesday.
Oracle has nominated Brazilian user group SouJava to fill the vacancy left by the Apache Software Foundation on the Java SE/EE executive committee.
New York City is harnessing the power of employee-based collaborative filtering to solicit new ways to save money and improve city government.
Google is debuting on Tuesday a special category for education-related software in its Apps Marketplace, prompted by what it considers the success of its Apps for Education collaboration and communication suite.
Oracle is hoping to make new inroads against the likes of Microsoft SharePoint with WebCenter Suite 11g, which was announced Tuesday.
MicroStrategy will announce a series of new BI (business intelligence) products for Apple mobile devices, transactional data systems and on-demand deployments at its annual user conference on Tuesday in Las Vegas.
IT professionals enjoyed a dramatically improved hiring landscape in 2010, marked in particular by the fewest job cuts in a year since 2000.
A site called Vid.ly this week is debuting its answer to the emerging battle between Google, <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> and others over the future of HTML5 video standards.
With many companies expressing concerns about committing to cloud computing one group of users appears to have no such worries.
With every passing month, Google Chrome is becoming increasingly popular. Fans laud its lean, stripped-down interface, and its fast browsing. They also appreciate the free extensions that give Chrome the ability to do all kinds of nifty things.
A day after Mozilla said it was exploring a "Do Not Track" feature for Firefox, Google today announced a Chrome add-on that lets users opt out of tracking cookies that monitor their movement and behavior online.
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has been busy certifying hardware, with more than 9,000 consumer electronics products receiving its stamp of approval. Now its software certification is the spur to new growth in home media networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
- US FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- FTProcess Analyst - Green BeltVIC
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW