New York City is harnessing the power of employee-based collaborative filtering to solicit new ways to save money and improve city government.
Google is debuting on Tuesday a special category for education-related software in its Apps Marketplace, prompted by what it considers the success of its Apps for Education collaboration and communication suite.
Oracle is hoping to make new inroads against the likes of Microsoft SharePoint with WebCenter Suite 11g, which was announced Tuesday.
MicroStrategy will announce a series of new BI (business intelligence) products for Apple mobile devices, transactional data systems and on-demand deployments at its annual user conference on Tuesday in Las Vegas.
IT professionals enjoyed a dramatically improved hiring landscape in 2010, marked in particular by the fewest job cuts in a year since 2000.
A site called Vid.ly this week is debuting its answer to the emerging battle between Google, <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> and others over the future of HTML5 video standards.
With many companies expressing concerns about committing to cloud computing one group of users appears to have no such worries.
With every passing month, Google Chrome is becoming increasingly popular. Fans laud its lean, stripped-down interface, and its fast browsing. They also appreciate the free extensions that give Chrome the ability to do all kinds of nifty things.
A day after Mozilla said it was exploring a "Do Not Track" feature for Firefox, Google today announced a Chrome add-on that lets users opt out of tracking cookies that monitor their movement and behavior online.
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has been busy certifying hardware, with more than 9,000 consumer electronics products receiving its stamp of approval. Now its software certification is the spur to new growth in home media networks.
Version 7. 0 of the NetBeans open source IDE is due in April, featuring capabilities for Java SE 7, as well as faster deployment to the WebLogic Server application server, according to the NetBeans Oracle-sponsored website.
Hewlett-Packard has invited journalists to an event March 14 where CEO Léo Apotheker is expected to lay out his plans for the company, including anticipated greater investments in enterprise software.
Oracle is limiting the development of Java by focusing the future development of the language on enterprise use, to the detriment of a wider, more diverse Java community, charged a pair of analysts at Forrester Research.
Socialtext, Yammer, Salesforce.com's Chatter and other social collaboration platforms have a new rival in the form of Tibbr, a product that creator Tibco hopes will be the standard for large enterprises.
Mozilla, the developer of the Firefox browser, is working a feature that will allow users to opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC