While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
Samsung remains the top smartphone vendor worldwide, followed by Apple.
Microsoft combines the attack protection, detection and response features built into Windows 10, Office 365, Azure and the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite to help enterprises improve their operational security posture.
Adobe Systems' Flash plugin gets no love from anyone in the security field these days. A new study released Monday shows just how much Flash is favored by cybercriminals to sneak their malware onto computers.
Microsoft really wants people to get on the Windows 10 bandwagon, so much so that the company plans to start automatically downloading its new operating system to some users' computers next year.
IBM may be the fastest-growing vendor in the worldwide security software market, but it's also the owner of the world's largest source of spam.
Atlassian's JIRA project-tracking tool has long been a popular choice among developers creating new software, but on Tuesday the company revealed a broader strategy by releasing three new editions tailored for different audiences.
At the BoxWorks conference, the Apple CEO explained why the former foes could gain more by collaborating than by competing.
Blackberry placed rivalries aside and purchased Good Technology as the phone maker moves further into the mobile security market.
Despite their years-long rivalry, Microsoft and VMware have teamed in a new partnership that's part of Microsoft's collaborative strategy shift.
Windows 10 Enterprise has been installed in about 1.5 million business devices in less than a month. Now Microsoft is considering how to best offer patch information to users of its new OS.
The Mozilla Foundation wants to make sure that the Web remains a platform where anyone can create content, rather than just a place to consume information and services created by others.
IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
It's for Android devices and available currently in four languages: Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, English and Indonesian
A computer glitch that disrupted airline traffic in some parts of the U.S. over the weekend was possibly the result of a software upgrade, the Federal Aviation Administration said Sunday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .VIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- CCBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- CCWebpage DesignerACT
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTData ScientistSA
- TPDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA