Windows 10 had been installed on more than 14 million devices by Thursday evening, a small step toward the company's goal of an installed base of 1 billion.
Mozilla CEO Chris Beard has blasted Microsoft in a pair of posts to the organization's blog, arguing that Windows 10's default browser settings are a "dramatic step backwards" for respecting user choice.
Windows 10 has been available for a day, and people seem fairly happy with the new operating system so far.
While the buzz around big data analysis is at a peak, there is less discussion about how to get the necessary data into the systems in the first place, which can involve the cumbersome task of setting up and maintaining a number of data processing pi...
Well it's about time. Nearly six years after the original Angry Birds burst onto the mobile gaming scene Rovio is back with its official sequel, Angry Birds 2.
Windows 10 was released to the public on Wednesday, and Microsoft is already encouraging enterprises to begin considering an update.
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
Adobe's Digital Publishing suite has long offered a way for brands to publish content on tablets, but on Wednesday the company introduced a new generation of the software tweaked specifically to put such capabilities in the hands of ordinary business...
Microsoft's been candid in claiming that Windows 10 will never be perfect. The company used millions of Windows Insider beta testers to help squash bugs before launch. But as more and more users download, install, and test the new OS, notable issues ...
The normally lightly trafficked Microsoft store in Boston saw a little more action on Windows 10 launch day, but most people weren't interested in the new operating system.
Why can't I see DirectX 12 active in Windows 10?
After trying the patience of both consumers and the enterprise alike with Windows 8, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are hoping Windows 10 will reinvigorate the market for PCs, laptops and all-in-one devices.
It's official, folks: Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for existing Windows users--as long as you claim it quickly.
Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
Microsoft released Windows 10 to the masses on Wednesday, giving the world an opportunity to update to its newest operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia