Microsoft released Windows 10 to the masses on Wednesday, giving the world an opportunity to update to its newest operating system.
When Microsoft set out to build Windows 10, the company had a challenge to face: the operating system needed to appeal to the wide swath of people already using Windows.
Windows 10's facial-recognition technology, Windows Hello, has been the great white whale of Microsoft's new operating system: Microsoft has demonstrated it, but rarely has anyone been able to see it in the wild.
Mobile apps now figure almost as prominently in enterprises as they do in the consumer world, and on Tuesday Salesforce rolled out some new DIY tools that aim to help business users "roll their own" apps as needs arise.
Mexican PC owners will be able to say "hola" to Microsoft's new operating system in a whole new way when it launches on Wednesday, thanks to language support added to Windows 10.
Microsoft appears to have patched a bug in Windows 10 that caused a key part of the OS to crash for some testers just two days before launch.
The days of folks lining up for a copy of Windows are long gone, but Microsoft isn't giving up on the old-fashioned launch day hoopla for its release of Windows 10 this week.
It's a few days before Windows 10 is officially slated to drop, and still, confusion abounds. Worse, many fallacies regarding Microsoft's plans around upgrades and support for Win10 remain in circulation, despite efforts to dispel them.
Microsoft wants people who are testing Windows 10 to update to the latest version of the operating system, and the company has provided an important incentive: anyone running an older version of the OS will be unable to access the Windows Store, star...
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
Intel has kicked off a broad effort to speed the adoption of the modern cloud infrastructure, which it says has been slow to take off because the software is complex and takes too long to deploy.
As Slack's team communication software continues to gain fans, on Thursday it announced a new integration that could be key for the chronically time-challenged: Google Calendar.
Dropbox took in a fresh infusion of team-collaboration technology and talent on Wednesday with the acquisition of San Francisco-based Clementine.
IBM has set up a new code repository that aims to foster collaborative development of enterprise open source software -- and it may also drum up interest in its own Bluemix platform services.
E-mail may still be the dominant tool for office communications in many companies today, but Microsoft on Wednesday unveiled a mobile-minded alternative that's focused primarily on short, quick messages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia