Sharp will acquire Recurrent Energy, a U.S. developer of solar energy projects, in a deal that will give the Japanese company a stronger position in the fast-growing solar-power generation business, the companies said Wednesday.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) bought a 20 percent stake of solar cell maker Motech Industries for NT$6.2 billion (US$193 million), the companies said in a joint statement on Wednesday.
The University of South Australia (UniSA) has opened a Sustainable Energy Industry Support Centre aimed at speeding up the development of advanced solar thermal technologies.
Using computer modeling, researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are working to boost the output and efficiency of solar cells, while lowering the cost of solar power.
Bringing wireless network access to remote work sites like mines and railways is always a challenge so a team of Aussie engineers have thrown a Wi-Fi mesh access point on the back of a custom-built tailor which is powered by the sun.
Latest News Articles
- Like Amazon, other firms want permission to fly drones
- Red Hat aims at standardization with Linux for 64-bit ARM servers
- AMD's new 64-bit ARM board points way to x86 coexistence
- Antivirus products riddled with security flaws, researcher says
- Infor wins appeal of long-running patent lawsuit
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $579.95 free shipping
- 90% off $2.98
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »