Sharp will acquire Recurrent Energy, a U.S. developer of solar energy projects, in a deal that will give the Japanese company a stronger position in the fast-growing solar-power generation business, the companies said Wednesday.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) bought a 20 percent stake of solar cell maker Motech Industries for NT$6.2 billion (US$193 million), the companies said in a joint statement on Wednesday.
The University of South Australia (UniSA) has opened a Sustainable Energy Industry Support Centre aimed at speeding up the development of advanced solar thermal technologies.
Using computer modeling, researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are working to boost the output and efficiency of solar cells, while lowering the cost of solar power.
Bringing wireless network access to remote work sites like mines and railways is always a challenge so a team of Aussie engineers have thrown a Wi-Fi mesh access point on the back of a custom-built tailor which is powered by the sun.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT