China's state-run news site said that the nation has pressed further ahead of other countries in its deployment of solar electricity, adding an additional 20 billion watts (20GW) in the first half of this year alone
A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
Sharp will acquire Recurrent Energy, a U.S. developer of solar energy projects, in a deal that will give the Japanese company a stronger position in the fast-growing solar-power generation business, the companies said Wednesday.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) bought a 20 percent stake of solar cell maker Motech Industries for NT$6.2 billion (US$193 million), the companies said in a joint statement on Wednesday.
The University of South Australia (UniSA) has opened a Sustainable Energy Industry Support Centre aimed at speeding up the development of advanced solar thermal technologies.
Using computer modeling, researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are working to boost the output and efficiency of solar cells, while lowering the cost of solar power.
Bringing wireless network access to remote work sites like mines and railways is always a challenge so a team of Aussie engineers have thrown a Wi-Fi mesh access point on the back of a custom-built tailor which is powered by the sun.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW