A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
Sharp will acquire Recurrent Energy, a U.S. developer of solar energy projects, in a deal that will give the Japanese company a stronger position in the fast-growing solar-power generation business, the companies said Wednesday.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) bought a 20 percent stake of solar cell maker Motech Industries for NT$6.2 billion (US$193 million), the companies said in a joint statement on Wednesday.
The University of South Australia (UniSA) has opened a Sustainable Energy Industry Support Centre aimed at speeding up the development of advanced solar thermal technologies.
Using computer modeling, researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are working to boost the output and efficiency of solar cells, while lowering the cost of solar power.
Bringing wireless network access to remote work sites like mines and railways is always a challenge so a team of Aussie engineers have thrown a Wi-Fi mesh access point on the back of a custom-built tailor which is powered by the sun.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC