Device and storage vendors are gradually embracing flash SSDs (solid-state disks) as a complement to spinning disk drives, but one executive at this week's Flash Memory Summit sees great potential in turning flash "upside down," as a lower tier of ca...
Micron Technology Inc. today said it is shipping what it calls the fastest enterprise-class solid-state drive (SSD) on the market.
OCZ Technology Group, Inc. today released a series of 1.8-in. solid state drives (SSD) to offer a storage upgrade for products such as netbooks, ultra-thin notebooks and tablets.
Israeli start-up Anobit Technologies Ltd. emerged from quiet mode today and announced its first product, a multilevel cell (MLC) solid-state drive that it says is as reliable as today's higher-end and higher-cost single-level cell (SLC) enterprise-cl...
OCZ Technology Group, Inc. released two new versions of its data center-class 2.5-in. solid state drive (SSD) series today.
Hitachi LG Data Storage Korea is presenting a first-of-its-kind product at Computex this week, an Blu-ray Disc optical drive that combines a solid-state drive.
At the behest of equipment manufacturers looking to build a new class of ultra-thin notebooks, Hitachi GST announced today it will begin shipping quarter-inch thick hard drives -- 26-percent slimmer than the current drives in most laptops and netbook...
Seagate may have delayed the funeral of traditional hard drives with the release of the Momentus XT, a marriage of a hard-disk drive (HDD) and a solid-state drive (SSD). The hybrid delivers impressive performance at a low price. Here's a rundown of t...
After failing to gain market traction with its first iteration of hybrid drives three years ago, Seagate today announced a new hard-disk and solid-state combination drive with as much as 500GB of capacity, but with a 250GB model starting at $113.
Perhaps this is what USB 3.0 was invented for. Storage maker OCZ Technology has announced a new external drive that combines solid state drive (SSD) with SuperSpeed USB 3.0.
A new research report predicts that use of solid state drives (SSD) in enterprise servers and storage systems will explode over the next five years, increasing in numbers by 50 times.
Micron Technology will bring faster interfaces to its enterprise SSD (solid-state disk) line in June when it begins shipping its P300 drives to makers of storage equipment.
OCZ Technology Group Inc. announced plans today to begin mass producing its PCI-Express (PCIe) Z-Drive R2 Solid State Drive (SSD) series, the second iteration of the product.
Solid-state drives are so plentiful that the fact a new drive is joining the fray is almost a nonstarter. That is, almost a nonstarter. This drive, the SiliconEdge Blue, is from Western Digital and is one of the first (if not the first) solid-state h...
Seagate Technology LLC today announced its first solid-state disk drive and said the product is aimed at the booming general server and blade server marketplace.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT