Dell can trump Cisco in the information-technology security market, say Dell's executives in describing how the company with its multifaceted approach will hold an edge against some powerful rivals that also include HP and IBM.
Security vendor Fortinet has hit back against tests by NSS Labs that showed one of its high-end firewalls along with products from other vendors could be hacked using a 'TCP split handshake attack'.
A test by NSS Labs that found firewalls from five vendors are subject in one way or another to remote exploit by hackers has ignited furious response from vendors Fortinet and SonicWall.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2009/110209-sonicwall-firewalls-test.html">SonicWall</a> directors have accepted a $717 million offer to sell the company to a group headed by Thoma Bravo, LLC, a private equity investment firm with the ai...
Shutting down computer attacks could be carried out inexpensively by peer-to-peer software that shares information about anomalous behavior, say researchers at the University of California at Davis.
Just three days after a license server glitch at SonicWall temporarily knocked out e-mail and Web firewall protections for some of its users, rival Astaro is looking to cash on the customer angst caused by the incident.
SonicWall is revamping the hardware for its storage appliances, giving them much more capacity from the top of the line to the bottom.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW