The water and dust-resistant Xperia Z is Sony's best smartphone. Ever.
Sony Xperia Z
Sony is preparing to launch a Google Edition of its flagship Xperia Z smartphone. The flagship smartphone would come with a stock version of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean instead of Sony's own user interface overlay.
Optus has confirmed the Sony Xperia Z Android phone is available from today both online and in selected Optus stores. It will sell on a selection of seven Optus contract plans over 24 months.
Telstra has today confirmed pricing and availability details for the Sony Xperia Z Android phone. The device will be available through Telstra stores across Australia from Tuesday 26 March.
Sony has confirmed some more details surrounding pricing and availability of its new flagship Android phone, the Xperia Z.
Sony's new Xperia Z smartphone aims to "bring the wow back" to the brand by using a combination of simple design and user interface elements, the company says.
If you're currently in the market for an Android phone, both the HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z should be at the top of your shopping list. Both are set to hit the Australian market shortly, but which one is right for you?
Here's our first impressions of the Sony Xperia Z, including what we love about it so far and what we don't.
The water and dust resistant Sony Xperia Z is the company's new flagship Android phone for 2013. How will it stack up against Apple's iPhone 5?
Sony has revealed more details about its newly unveiled Xperia Z Android smartphone, with two separate posts published on the company's blog answering consumer questions posted on Twitter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT