It may not persuade home theater geeks, but Sony’s “actuator” tech, which turns the entire OLED panel into a speaker, is impressive.
Sony brings its TV streaming service to "one of the most highly requested devices by our fans."
Android TV users can now get PlayStation Vue on their device of choice.
Sony's PlayStation 4 controller will soon work with games that support it on Steam.
Sony formally unveiled its N wearable on Thursday night, complete with a digital assistant named Nigel. You can't buy it, but you may try it if you sign up for Sony's beta program.
Sony's first 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player supports HDR and virtually everything else you can ask for, but it's focused on pricey custom AV installations.
Sony's latest update to the PlayStation 4's system software adds high dynamic range support for older consoles.
Touting technology from AMD's new Polaris architecture, the new PlayStation 4 Pro should finally allow console developers to reliably hit 1080p at 30 frames per second. And maybe more.
The Sony PlayStation 4 Slim is smaller, quieter, more efficient—but the same three-year-old hardware sitting inside.
Smart TVs look like a great idea, but they have a serious downside as demonstrated by Sony's recent announcement.
The Xperia X Compact joins the larger sibling with the same camera but a smaller, plastic build aimed at buyers' sudden love for smaller phones.
Coming soon from Sony: New wireless and wired headphones, an audiophile headphone amp, and a gold-plated digital audio player machined from solid copper.
A quick comparison of Sony's mid-ranger and high-ender.
You can now get PlayStation Vue broadcast TV streaming on your Roku, and next week you can watch on your Nexus or Galaxy phone as well.
Sony's PlayStation virtual reality headset comes out October 13 for the current PlayStation 4 with a whole lot of games.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPSAP Implementation Manager - Finance System ProjectQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC