Rioters in London apparently set Sony's Enfield-based DADC (Digital Audio Disc Corporation) facility ablaze last night, reducing the massive disc distribution center to flames and smoke. The massive multi-story, 20,000 square meter building would hav...
Sony's main optical disc distribution warehouse for the U.K. was hit by a large fire on Tuesday morning that has apparently destroyed most or all of the building.
Sony's new portable PlayStation Vita game system will go on sale in Japan by the end of this year, then launch in the U.S. and Europe in early 2012, a company executive said Thursday.
Sony reported a net loss for the three month period from April to June as the company dealt with unfavorable exchange rates, cut-throat competition in the consumer electronics business, and a hacking attack on its online gaming network.
On Wednesday, Apple announced boosted specs for its ultra-slim MacBook Air laptops. The update included second-generation Intel Core i5 processors, new Thunderbolt connectivity, more storage space, and the return of the backlit keyboard.
Sony will fully restore PlayStation Network service to users in Japan this week, ending a two-and-a-half month suspension of service, and bringing to a close an embarrassing incident that began with the largest known loss of customer information by a...
Nortel Networks has auctioned off its remaining patents and patent applications to a consortium of key technology companies for a cash purchase price of US$4.5 billion.
The electronics vendor showcases a number of products aimed to keep people home during the cold Winter period.
Sony has introduced a new Vaio Z laptop to rival Apple's MacBook Air slenderness. Sony's new carbon fibre laptop is not only thinner and lighter than the Air, but also packs a punch in the specs department.
Sony has followed Apple's example and included proprietary data transfer technology based on Intel's Light Peak interconnect in its latest Vaio Z Series laptop, which was announced earlier this week.
<a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/231198/lulzsec_calls_it_quits_after_50_days_of_mayhem.html">LulzSec</a> , the hacker group that has been a thorn in the side of major institutions ranging from Sony to the CIA, says it is going a...
Hacking season is not over yet. Even though LulzSec, the group of hackers who made a name for themselves by hacking Sony, Nintendo, and <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/228983/hackers_deface_pbs_site_promise_more_lulz.html?tk=rel_news">PBS</a...
After several large breaches -- including the <a href="http://blogs.csoonline.com/1457/epsilon_hack_notification_letters">Epsilon</a>, <a href="http://www.csoonline.com/article/680689/sony-playstation-network-personal-user-data-stolen">Sony</a>, and ...
Sony Ericsson unveiled the Xperia Ray and Xperia Active, new phones that will come equipped with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, at the CommunicAsia conference in Singapore.
LulzSec has been making headlines on a virtually daily basis for a month or so now. The hacker group has compromised servers and exposed sensitive information from targets ranging from Sony, to PBS, to the FBI, and has even set up a hotline to take r...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malware from Friday's DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream transformationNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD