LulzSec has been making headlines on a virtually daily basis for a month or so now. The hacker group has compromised servers and exposed sensitive information from targets ranging from Sony, to PBS, to the FBI, and has even set up a hotline to take r...
The CIA's main public facing web site appears to have been taken down by hacking group LulzSec earlier today.
An analysis of nearly 40,000 passwords stolen from Sony Pictures by the hyperactive LulzSec crew shows that people persist in re-using passwords, a dangerous practice in light of frequent Web site break-ins, a researcher said today.
The recent online intrusion into International Monetary Fund servers may have been the work of malicious hackers working for a foreign government, according to online reports.
The mischievous computer hacking team known as LulzSec has turned its attention from consumer electronics maker Sony to the pornography industry -- at least for now.
Arrests in Spain related to the Sony Playstation Network hacking case have computer users wondering whether the loosely organized Anonymous hacker coalition is weakened -- or merely irritated by being busted.
I actually kind of like Adam Sessler (see Sessler's cathartic Soapbox, "Killzone Mailbag"), though I have no idea what to make of Morgan "like huge frigging dragons!" Webb. And Bethesda's been a favorite developer for me personally since Morrowind. S...
There's been a cavalcade of exciting announcements coming out of E3 2011, but what do they mean for diehard PC gamers? Our editors have been on the show floor testing new hardware, playing games and talking to developers all week long in an effort to...
Sony began restoring full service on its Qriocity entertainment network to users in most countries on Thursday, a month and a half after the service was forced offline by a hack of its servers.
Sony hopes to bring 3D to the masses with a low-cost PlayStation-branded television it announced at E3 in Los Angeles.
Yes. As unbelievable as it may seem, Sony was hacked again. It is not (entirely) Sony's fault that it is the target du jour for hackers everywhere. But, it is Sony's fault that its networks and servers seem to be trivial to hack and easy to pwn.
It's not such a happy time over at Sony these days thanks to the bull's-eye on its back.
A few computer clicks is all it takes to learn if you were a victim of the Sony Pictures hack attack, but be careful.
Nintendo reports that a Web server for its U.S. unit was hacked. The attack on Nintendo shows that this new era of hacking isn't going to end any time soon, and should serve as a wakeup call for other companies that were hoping this was purely a Sony...
Sony has made a promised "Welcome Back" promotion available to PlayStation Network users who lost access to the company's online gaming service, some for more than a month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW