Nintendo reports that a Web server for its U.S. unit was hacked. The attack on Nintendo shows that this new era of hacking isn't going to end any time soon, and should serve as a wakeup call for other companies that were hoping this was purely a Sony...
Sony has made a promised "Welcome Back" promotion available to PlayStation Network users who lost access to the company's online gaming service, some for more than a month.
LulzSec, a hacking group that recently made news for hacking into PBS, claimed today that it has broken into several Sony Pictures websites and accessed unencrypted personal information on over 1 million people.
Recent data breaches at Sony's PlayStation Network and at e-mail service provider Epsilon will lead to legislation focused on improving cybersecurity at U.S. companies, the chairwoman of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee said Thursday.
Sony will fully restore PlayStation Network services on Thursday in all regions other than in Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea, the company said.
The group of anonymous hackers that posted a fake story proclaiming Tupac Shakur is alive and well in New Zealand on PBS' website might now be targeting Sony.
Sony plans to restore all its PlayStation Network services by this weekend in all regions except Japan, South Korea, and Hong Kong, the company said Tuesday.
Sony's PlayStation Network online gaming service will reopen for millions of gamers across Asia on Saturday, more than five weeks after it was taken offline following a cyber attack.
Sales and profits in Sony's core electronics business both rose last year, but the company recorded an overall net loss primarily due to a write-off of tax credits, it said Thursday.
Sony began letting its U.S. PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers sign up on Wednesday for free identity theft protection services following cyber-attacks that may have exposed the personal data of its 77 million members.
Sony has introduced a new 16-inch F Series laptop and a thinner and lighter S Series as part of its VAIO lineup. Both laptops are available for preorder now with second-generation Core i7 processors and high-end features for multimedia enthusiasts.
Summer is just around the corner, which means it's time for device manufacturers to release their high-profile Android devices all at the same time to pre-empt the iPhone 5 hype machine.
The city of Taipei has sought more help from Sony for PlayStation Network gamers whose personal details may have been leaked, an official said on Wednesday. Its Law and Regulation Commission has also demanded answers from Apple over allegations that ...
Sony Europe has confirmed that the PlayStation Store probably won't be coming back this week, despite the contents of a leaked memo a short while ago.
To paraphrase, it doesn't take the most powerful nations on earth to create the next global conflict -- nope, just some skyscrapers-go-boom-now developers, channeling contemporary doomsayers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- TPSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW